One-shot 7

The creature in his chest roaring in triumph, he grinned down at Ginny and gestured wordlessly out of the portrait hole. A long walk in the grounds seemed indicated, during which- if they had time- they might discuss the match.

Harry stood outside the portrait hole staring into the brown eyes of Ginny Weasley; his best mate's sister, and the girl he's been dreaming of for months. A thousand thoughts were racing through his mind.

"Ginny, I-"

"Please don't tell me you're sorry," she said, gently shaking her head back and forth, her eyes never leaving Harry's.

A smile crept across Harry's face as he extended his hand toward Ginny's. "I'm not sorry," he answered, watching Ginny take a step closer and reaching for his hand. "It's the best decision I've ever made."

Harry marvelled, watching Ginny's hand link up with his: how warm she was, how perfect their hands fit together, how wonderful it was to join hands with a wonderful girl.

"But Harry, wh-"

"When did this happen?" Harry proposed, asking the question for her, leading her down the corridor to the stairs. He smiled inside each time their locked hands bumped against the outside of her thighs as they walked.

"Yes! Not that I'm not really pleased," Ginny answered, blushing crimson. "I'm just surprised."

Harry rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand and coloured too. "It's been happening for a while now, it started when I came to stay at your house this past summer. We started spending more time together, and I found myself enjoying that more than ever. I really had no clue until Ron and I saw you that night with Dean." Harry's mind reverted back to that night, back to the feelings and emotions churning in his chest. An angry monster growling and aching to its way out of his chest to teach Dean a lesson. "I was so jealous."

Ginny nodded. "I know; you snogged Cho, remember?"

Truthfully Harry hadn't thought of that for months now, she was pain (Don't' get me wrong guys but I hate Cho 😁😅) . Ginny was all he thought about. "Yeah, but it didn't feel the same."

"What didn't?" Ginny asked, suddenly turning to face Harry.

The corridor was silent without the sound of their footfalls echoing against the stone walls.

"The kiss," he answered nervously. "It was better. Ours was, I mean, yours and mine."

"It was?" Ginny asked, pleasantly surprised.

He nodded "Yeah, it was. I've never felt like that in my whole entire life."

Ginny stepped closer and placed her hand in the centre of Harry's chest. "Me either," she admitted, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. She leaned in close to Harry, close enough to see every fine detail of his face, his vivid green eyes, the creases of his lips. Harry let go of Ginny's hand, and wrapped his arms around her waist. Ginny sunk her fingers into the fabric of Harry's shirt and stood up on tiptoe to kiss him.