One shot 30

Harry sat on one of the stairs in the staircase at the Burrow. He still couldn't believe Hedwig was dead. She had been his first pet ever, and she had sacrificed herself to save him. He felt a bit stupid for being sad over her when Moody was dead, and George's ear was gone.

He heard footsteps from behind him, and he looked over to see Ginny standing behind him. "I just wanted to check on you," she said quietly.

Harry nodded as he turned back to the window. He didn't really pay attention to Ginny until she quietly slipped her hand into his and rested her head against his shoulder. His shoulder tensed for a moment, and he thought about scooting away so he wouldn't accidently lead her on. But he realized that he wanted this moment.

"I'm sorry about Hedwig," she said after a moment, guessing the reason why he was silent.

Harry looked down at her and rested his chin on her head. "Thanks...I suppose it's a bit selfish and stupid to be sad over a pet owl dying, right? That could've been me or somebody else. And somebody besides Moody."

Ginny smiled and ran a hand through his hair softly. "It's not stupid. Hedwig was your first pet. That connection is special. She saved your life. It's ok to mourn her loss."

"I don't want to lose anyone else," Harry murmured quietly. "I'm tired of losing people. What if there's nobody close to me left after this war is over?"

Ginny didn't answer that question, though he didn't really expect her to have one. She just snuggled closer to him in response.

They sat there quietly before she lifted her head and looked at him. "You're going to go after him, aren't you?" she asked.

Harry glanced at her in surprise. Ron had said he hadn't said anything to Ginny about the mission, but she was smart. Of course she would pick up on their mission.

"I have to," he answered finally after checking to make sure nobody else was paying attention.

"I know," she said quietly. "I just wish I could go with."

Harry shook his head. "No...it's better this way. I wouldn't be focused on the mission. I'd be worried about protecting you."

"Can we still stay like this for a few moments longer?" she asked him.

He nodded, and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Thanks for making me feel better about Hedwig."

"Anytime," Ginny answered as she rested her head against his forehead again.

****
I hope it's better than One shot 30. 😆😆😅

So I'd been writing this chapter for 5 days! Can you believe it!? This small chapter took 5 days! And reason? My mother. Who else! She took the phone whenever I tryed to write. But I love my Mom. Soooo yeah. I know it's not much but hope you like it.

Bye~~