⁶ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ ʙᴇɢɪɴ

The two girls had missed the first large-scale battle since Fairy Tail came back from the dead. While Gears had felt terrible for not being there to help, Amaya felt differently. And she expressed that very loudly.

"I cannot believe we missed such a huge battle- to help a town with a sea monster that wasn't even a sea monster! It was a clump of kelp!"

Gears thumped the top of her head as she glared. "Stop being so insensitive you jerk."

Grumbling to herself, the bluenette went to go hang out with Gray, which triggered Juvia to no end even when it was obvious that he was her soulmate. And Amaya's soulmate definitely wasn't the ice-make mage.

Sighing as she sat at the bar, the orangette rethought the events of the past month. So far, everything was looking great. The guild was getting better business, even though most of Fiore had their doubts of whether or not they could really accomplish jobs after being 'dead' for over seven years.

The girl took another sip of her honeydew smoothie, having now found a signature drink after trying pretty much everything. It was sweet, healthy, and yummy. Which was all Gears really wanted in life. Well, that and a set routine, but she guessed she couldn't have everything.

The two girls had been able to pay the next two months of rent in advance from the job they'd taken- the town having felt embarrassed for making such a big deal out of something so small.

"Everyone, listen up!" The third master began, his hands raised up in the air proudly. Everyone who was at the guild looked in his direction, including the orangette. Even though he was literally just across the bar from him.

Fiddling with the pen in her hair, she prepared herself for chaos. With everything that had happened in the last few weeks, she wouldn't be surprised if he decided that the group would participate in the Grand Magic Games.

"As you all know.. the Grand Magic Games are just around the corner-"

Oh dear lord.

Since she'd already seen the games, multiple times, she tuned out his words and focused on finishing up her smoothie.

"Now, I've selected a few of you that I think would be suitable to fill our team-"

Her lips curled upwards as he called out the names she knew he would. "Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Natsu Dragneel, Gajeel Redfox, Mira Strauss, Lucy Heartfilia, Wendy Marvell, Amaya Riyu, and Elfman Strauss."

The orangette was perfectly fine not being called out. in fact, she would have refused the offer if given it. She wasn't on the tier that her friends were, she was better off in the stands. Like she had been every year.

But.. she always wondered what it would feel like to participate. What it would feel like to be on the field, facing off against somebody for the sake of her guild. The crowd screaming out and cheering for their favorite opponent..

Yeah, for her it was just a fever dream.

Though, it wasn't going to stop her from using the time to train by herself. She had a few tricks up her sleeve that she wouldn't let go to waste. 

So, let the games begin.

======

✎crocodile