¹¹ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇᴍꜱᴇʟᴠᴇꜱ

The next battle had set everyone on edge.

They could tell it wasn't a fair match-up, whoever did it was insane and probably wanted Fairy Tail to lose.

It was funny, because- jokes on them- Fairy Tail kicked Bacchus's ass. Elfman was definitely stronger than ever. And he was also someone that she never wanted to get on the bad side of. Actually, Fairy Tail entirely was not a guild she wanted to be on the bad side of.

Either way, Elfman kicked his ass- and everyone was ecstatic. Especially since Quatro Ceverus was now Quatro Puppy for the rest of the games.

Now? It was Toby versus that creepy guy from Raven Tail- and that wasn't a fair match up either.

They watched as the two exchanged blows, talking amongst each other and making a friendly wager. Well, as friendly as it could be when they were both trying to beat each other into the ground.

Eventually it was Toby on the ground, crying about losing his sock. Gears deadpanned as the crowd went silent.

The sock.. was on his..

"He's- He's literally wearing it." Laxus deadpanned from besides her. She nodded stiffly, pursing her lips. Even Lamia Scale looked flabbergasted.

The weird guy- yeah she didn't care about his name- tapped his chest, and Toby finally looked down, his eyes widening at the sight of the familiar object attached to his necklace. "My sock!"

He started crying, thanking his opponent with tears streaming down his face. She had a feeling that he shouldn't be thanking him though.. it was literally obvious that it'd been there forever. Also- why the hell was it even around his neck in the first place?!

There was a beat of silence before the shadowy guy stepped forwards, lending Toby his hand.

Gears was stumped. Showmanship? From Raven Tail? There was no way.. but then again, everything about these games stumped her. And it annoyed the girl to no end.

That was, until he made the predictable move, tearing the sock into pieces.

Erza cried out, having to have been held back by Elfman, who deadpanned the entire time.

It seemed everyone in the arena was silent as they watched the exchange, Toby's face turning into one of horror and grief.

"You shouldn't have told me how much that sock meant to you." The Raven Tail member grinned darkly, walking away dramatically. "I love destroying things that matter to people."

Gears watched it happen with a frown, and the arena stayed completely silent.

The girl looked down at her sack, pondering for a second before sighing. Yeah.. she really needed to try controlling herself... someday.

Only a few seconds later, she'd started her climb to the bottom of the arena, taking the stone steps that led directly to the dirt.

Hearing the slight crunch under her boots as she walked, the girl pursed her lips, ignoring the fact that all eyes had turned to her as she tread across the field. She debated just turning around and pretending that she never tried to go out in the first place, but she was sure it was too late for that.

The man didn't seem to acknowledge her presence as she walked towards him, probably thinking it was his own guild or something. She watched him, careful not to startle the guy in his grief. No matter how stupid it might seem to everyone else, she knew how much some things mean to people.

Picking up a few pieces of the sock from around her, she began to work. "Uhh- Toby, right?"

Her voice seemed to bring him from his stupor as she looked at him, and she faintly heard her voice echo a bit. She wasn't exactly sure how to feel about the conversation being broadcasted, but she pushed past it.