Chapter 17: 'I Am Switching Positions.'

Annie's POV:

I can't believe it...

The man who hated me from the bottom of his heart...

The man whose comrades were slaughtered by me...

Was trying to sooth me...

Make me feel safe...

Gods! The people of this Island can't stop surprising me...!

I looked at his eyes they were quite blunt but showed a little bit of concern.

I shut my mouth close to stop the sobs but my nose kept on sniffing and tears kept on flowing.

I can't stop crying.

"Tch.C'mon! I thought you were a tough soldier and were different from Jëager,But you're another cry baby." He commented.

Oh gods!

Why can't he keeps his sassiness to himself!

I started to cry even harder.

Then suddenly he Said something I didn't expected.

"I know... your scared and hurt... But you don't need to be scared...As I told you before, None of those Assholes can touch my subordinates that easily...okay.." He said and carresed my head even affectionately.

I wasn't able to to hold back anymore...

I hugged him.

Gods! Annie what are you doing...?
He despises physical contact...

He would beat me up again!

He groaned slightly.

I buried my head in his muscular shoulder they were tough as steel.
I cried harder and harder in his shoulder

Then I felt his strong hand over my head again.

He caressed it.

His embrace was warm but as compare to Armin's it was more like hugging a statue made out of steel.

I pulled out of his embrace.

My face had a few hints of flush...

Next thing I got was a little shove on my forehead.

“Thanks C-captain.”

"Tch.Don't make it a habit,brat." He said and stood up.

I let a smile crawl over my face.

This was the day when I for the first time....

Experienced,what is the feel of love of father...

"Better get your Ass moving Now! We don't have whole day to spend here." He said.

While walking away.

"Y-Yes,Sir." I said and followed him up.

Until we had a reunion with our squad.

Armin came running to me and asked,"Annie! You alright?" He said with his usually concerned tone.

I gave him a sad Nod I wanted to hug him just bury my head in his shoulders and pass out so I can have a better mood.

"Hey... Sorry for them...You know our people our quite.. paranoid too." Jean said.

"Yeah... Even when you ran they were still demanding to kill you... Untill Captain Levi Jumped in."Connie exclaimed.

"Hey.., It's not your fault... it's j-just... gods who are giving me a payback after all I did." I said and bowed my head in sadness my lips they started quivering again I was about to cry again...