𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ;

[𝗡𝗲𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃]

"Are we here?" I asked Donghyun, who was pulling over. He gave a side nod. "How much is that?" I ask, as I pull out some money from Chees purse. "Ugh ₩23079.25" I look over to see how much I've got - it seemed that I had enough money since Chee is a millionaire and gets paid well. I hand Donghyun the money and head out of the car before saying "Thank you Donghyun! Have a good day!" and he drives off. I look around to see that I'm Infront of a small building. I'm guessing it's a studio. I go inside and try to figure out my next directions until I hear a voice calling my name "Chee! Chee!" I look over to try and find where the voice is coming from until I meet eyes with a girl, around my age - "hello?" I nervously say, "Can you speak English?"

The short female looked concerned but then began to speak - "Why do you want me to speak English Chee?" she asks. "Oh well, I want to improve my English. For writing of coarse" I try to excuse. "Oh, I see." she says. She takes my arm and wraps her own arm around it - "Let's go, Hyunjae and Yunjae are waiting for us." she says as we walk together. I'm assuming she's Byun Aera then. She's really preety though - big dowe eyes and sparkling lips. She was wearing a buret along with a turtle neck and baggy washed out jeans, so I assume she's very stylish as well as friendly. Let's hope we get along well. We go through a long route until we enter a room which was filled with instruments, microphones and technology. Urgh! My brain hurts!

I see two boys staring at us and one of them says something in Korean which I just kindly nod and wave. "Guys speak English because unnie wants to practice." Aera says and then suddenly start to speak in my language. This is really something special! I can't even believe their falling for it. We all sit around a table and start discussing about things only songwriters would understand, hehe." What do you think, Chee? I think the song should have a few upbeats but slower under tones - like cyber goth style?" one of the boys say. "Oh, yes, that would sound interesting." I say nervously. "Have you wrote the last verse of the song?" Aera asks. Oh no! What am I gonna say! I can't let them down! "well, ugh, no, I haven't touched on it. But I do have some ideas." I try to cover up. "Great! Because we do have a dead line. We want you to sell this song as soon as possible, we just believe you'll get grands on this masterpiece!" the other boy starts to talk. Ahhhh! Someone get me out of here! There is no way I can actually write a good verse under a time limit!" May I hear the song? "I ask. They all nod and look of to Aera - Alright, I'll demonstrate. Though it's unfinished."

Aera then walks off into the recording room while we look over from the other side of the glass window and listen to her sing. The songs starts off with a slow electric guitar but then the slow beats become faster and Aera starts singing. The song is composed with over top melodies and has a punky flare to it, but not so much. Aera sings with different notes and honestly, it goes well to the song. She guides her voice through the strong sounds but it works amazingly. For the lyrics - I don't understand them but there are some English phrases, such as "you will be there.", "Baby" and "coulor my wings" that get repeated a lot throughout the song. Over all - the incomplete song was synthetic and had these electrical melodies of dark moods and emotional weakness. Whoever created this song really has the hand to replace their feelings with such words and sounds that it almost makes it lifeful.

"Bueatiful." I say, "Who made this song?" They look at me as they were completely weirded out by my question - "Umm, You wrote it, Chee." One of the two boy say - I think he's my publisher - Yunjae. "Oh." I spit out, surprised at how talented Kim Chee is. There is no way I can complete her work. "Can I look at the lyrics?" I ask, once again. "Urgh, sure." Yunjae says and passes me a piece of paper that has the lyrics printed in font. There were many verses of hanguel on it but I managed to notice the title of the song - "Butterfly". How preety. I was truly amazed in the level of hard work they all put out. I just can't ruin this song. No matter how much effort I can try to put in - it will never feel as effortless as what Kim Chee writes. I can never meet such a level of professionalism.

"Chee, are you okay?" Hyunjae asks, whose the other male other than Yunjae. "Yeah, I just feel weightless." I say. I think I'm a bit drained as I hadn't had any breakfast. "No worried baby blue! Ill get you some food!" Yunjae says as he dashes out of the room to get food. Baby blue? I guess that's my nickname? I sit down on the chair while Hyunjae and Aera sit next to me. Meanwhile, Yunjae comes back with some food from the local shop. I was really impressed by his efforts -" Thank you." I say and start to munch on a spicy chicken sandwich while the rest of the gang pick out what they'd like to choose. "You shouldn't skip meals, Chee. It isn't healthy." Aera says while eating some mochi rolls. I was so anxious about this whole situation that I forgot to eat. "My bad." I say swallowing my food.

"When is the dead line?" I ask. "On the 1st of May." Yunjae asks. I think I can make it by then, perhaps? If I try my hardest. I think I will make it. "Who are we selling it to?" I ask again, to which Aera responds - "Twice." Wow! Writing a song for Twice! Thats a huge opportunity!  "We need to get the song complete so that the members can record the song with their voices in it." Hyunjae says. "Oh, alright." I say. "After a little more constructing, it was finally turning dark outside, and my brain was tired of hearing electric beats all day. So as soon as we finished recording and discussing the song, we all headed off our separate ways.

The first day in Chees life was actually not bad. I mean - I didnt expect that people would understand me, but I guess Koreans are preety use to foreigners coming around. Plus I don't think anyone that I met so far caught the idea that I'm not Kim Chee - though it's blatantly obvious. But in conclusion - it wasn't what I was expecting. But I hope I came off fine. I start to make my way home, by calling Donghyun to take me home. Just as I was wondering through the crowded street I noticed a particular someone - blue jeans, a black denim jacket and a base ball cap ; no doubt about it - that was definitely Mark.

I shout his name, not realising that it was a bad idea, and run up to him. As expected he turned around to see me, but then suddenly took my arm and swiftly moved me into an alleway. What the hell? I saw a few camera lights but at the time, I didnt think of anything suspicious. Once we hid in the alleway, Mark too his mask off from his face and proceeded to confront me - "Why did you do that Chee? Why did you call my name out like that?" I was speechless. I didnt know what to say. "Oh, I-I didnt-t know" I stutter. "I think someone caught us." Mark ignores me. Wait - is he... thinking about a dating scandal? Where not suppose to be dating? Well thats just... Great. "Oh no." I look down at myself - how can I be this stupid.

" Ugh, it doesn't matter - come on, I'll take you home." Mark says before letting go of my arm and ordered a taxi for us to go home. "I'm so  sorry Mark." I apologise to him. If someone really caught us, then Marks career is hanging on its lifeline. ". I need to be careful of these things - he can't ruin his career because of me. We both get into a taxi, but sit in silence for the whole car ride. Urgh, I feel so bad now. Once we get to our destination, Mark asks the driver to stay here before taking me out of the car to my apartment. "it should be alright. If anything I'll just say your a child hood friend from Canada." he says.

We get to my door - "I shouldn't of done that Mark. It's my fault. I feel so bad." I start to ramble. "It's okay." He gives a reassuring smile."I need to go now. I have to get to the 127 dorm. So I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I nod at him. He then, once again proceeds to kiss me - but I quickly avoid it. "oh come on Chee, not again?" he teases. He leans more forward and kisses my forehead, really quickly - "Alright, siut yourself." he chuckles before walking back down the stairs. "Bye Marc Jacobs." I give Mark a new nick name. He turns around and gives a giggle before disappearing out of my eyesight. I can never let a situation like this happen ever again.