𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ;

[𝗡𝗲𝗼𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗼𝘃]

"So, have you decided?" Ryan asks me as we walk down the hallway to the lunch hall. "well, it does seem like a nice opportunity." I reluctantly say.

Gwan Ryan was a very goofy friend. Ideally she had similar interests as me. While I was a bit more nervous in situations, she'd always see the good in everything - and I guess that's why I trust her. Ryan can just brighten your day naturally and easily comfort you when your at your worst. She's very special to me - I can even consider her my sister. She's also an nctzen (her bias is Taeyong lol) and she also collects albums and merch. Ryan also wants to be an engineer when she grows up, so we hang out a lot during our study time. Furthermore, I care for her very much ; I wouldn't want to lose her - ever!

"What about you - what do you think about this offer?" I ask back. "I mean I love the idea, but I don't think ide really want to risk it. Something about Mr Thome doesn't sit right with me." she responds. I chuckle - "Mr Thome is a nice guy. If anything his only intention is to do good."

She shakes her head - "Well, if your so eager to do it, I'm not stopping you. After all, he did say he ideally wants only one test subject - I guess it shall be you Chang Neon!" Ryan says with a dark toned voice as if imitating a magical Character in a story book. I giggled at her remark.

" Very well, I'll do it." I confirm to her, not mentally sure if I really wanted to."𝗛𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂...𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝘄𝗮𝗽 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗸𝗽𝗼𝗽 𝗶𝗱𝗼𝗹! Woo - Hoo, that'll be sick!! " she cheers. "𝗨𝗿𝗴𝗵, 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗹𝘆 𝘂𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗹𝘆" I brush off. Ryan stares at me with an oddly looking expression." Shut up Neon! 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸! 𝗢𝗠𝗚, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗲! Ryan continues to fantisize.

"𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱 : 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗹𝘆 𝘂𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲𝗹𝘆." I continue to say but she still ignores me, "𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿! 𝗜𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝗻𝗰𝘁𝘇𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺!" I put my hand on my face from disappointment - " I think you need some food, Ryan." I say as I try to push her forward to get her into the lunch room but she stops me -" 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 - 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗸𝗽𝗼𝗽 𝗶𝗱𝗼𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲. 𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿!" she says as she walks off. This woman - she really does have an imagination.

But if I think about it : that wouldn't be such a crazy idea. This could be everything I wished for - to be open to new surroundings! Changing my life could be my only chance at finally getting what I've asked for. I can represent future engineering for the good. I think this can be a great opportunity, though I'm risking everything - but even if I do end up in a kpop idol or generally any celebrity life, I can still change the future for the better.

"um, Neon, you coming?" Ryan looks back at me. I blink a few times to get out of my thoughts - "Yes, yes I am!" I replied, smiling while walking up to her.

;

It was now the end of school ; people were rushing to get out of the building : as per usual. I for once, wasn't rushing to go home. I was looking for Mr Thome, who I thought may be in one of the science labs. And just to my theory - I was right.

I knocked on the door to one of the science labs. As I patiently waited - I saw Mr Thome opening the door immediately with an aggressive tone. It startled me at first but once he saw me, he was more startled, himself. "Oh, hey Neon, I wasn't expecting you to come see me, is anything the matter?" he asks, charmingly.

"Well sir, its about the experiment." I say. He looks around the area and motions me to come into the class room, where no one was inside. He closes the door behind me before leaning on the table, waiting for what I was going to say. "Well, I'll officially declare that I shall be your first test subject." I say, confidently. He smiles very widely, "Thank you Neon. I was worried none of you would consider but indeed you keep impressing me." I flutter from his sentence. I felt a little proud of myself.

"What about Ryan?" he quickly asks. I gulp before saying "Oh, well, I talked to her about it, but she's too nervous for such an offer." He nods slowly. "Well Neon, thank you for your offer, you shall confirm your details, so take this sheet and complete it and bring it to me - tomorrow. Please come to this address and I shall meet you there to go on with this experiment. In order to do this, you have to agree to every term, so please, I know you won't dissapoint me. " he says as he gives me a piece of paper full of details about the experiment.

"Thank you sir, I promise I won't let you down." I say cheerfully and walk out of the class to go home.