You have to act as if you're fine,

◤─────•~❉✿❉~•─────◥

◣─────•~❉✿❉~•─────◢

◣─────•~❉✿❉~•─────◢

It was, yet again, another school day. 

Y/N once again met Todoroki on his doorstep.

'Let's go!' She said, grinning broadly. She skipped ahead of Todoroki, but slightly wincing due to the pain on her leg. Her father managed to land a hit on her last night, and the bruise wasn't shallow. But because of the long socks in the girls' uniform, it was covered up.

Of course, Todoroki noticed something was wrong.

'L/N?' He asked, frowning. 'Are you okay? I noticed you wincing- did your leg get hurt?'

'Huh?' Was Y/N's reply, as she stopped in her tracks. 'Oh! It's just an accident at home last night,' she smiled, hoping to bring the conversation away.

Y/N noticed the expression of Todoroki, and added. 'I'm perfectly fine Todoroki! Or else why would I be still smiling like an idiot?' she slightly chuckled as she continued walking, this time a bit faster than her usual pace.

After school

Todoroki was waiting for Y/N at their usual spot, under the school gates. Todoroki barely noticed Y/N running out quickly, eyes red and puffy.

'L/N? Hi? I'm here...' Todoroki's voice trailed off as he saw Y/N's expression. 'Have you been crying? Why?'

Y/N quickly blinked and put on her grin. 'No... I just yawned Todoroki, that's why my eyes are so teary.'

'Then how do you explain the fact they're puffy?' Todoroki asked, eyebrows slightly raising from the suspicion.

'Todorokiii...' Y/N sighed, rolling her eyes. 'I told you I'm fine okay? Do I look like someone who would keep my troubles silent? No right? Exactly!' Y/N muttered everything in a hurry, and flashed Todoroki a quick smile. 'I assure you I'm fine, Shoto.'

Shoto. Y/N had called Todoroki by his first name.

As if on cue, his whole face flushed a deep red.

'L-L/N? What did you call me?' He stuttered.

'Shoto. I called you Shoto,' Y/N said, playing around with him, quickly bursting into fits of laughter.

'Your expression is just priceless!' She laughed, staring at Todoroki.

'Ugh...' Todoroki muttered. 'Okay Y/N, okay...'

Now it was Y/N's turn.

'Did you just call me...'

Todoroki chuckled, letting out one of his rare, genuine smiles.

'Y/N.'

Y/N gasped dramatically, as if to make a whole scene out of this. Todoroki rolled his eyes, and started heading home, with Y/N trailing behind him.

Maybe Y/N really is fine?

─────────────────────

Dear Y/N,

Every day at school, you have to act as if you're fine. I must admit, I'm pretty impressed with your acting skills... and sometimes I wish that they weren't this good.

Shoto Todoroki

─────────────────────