𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟺

The beef between Miya and Langa was intense, to say at least. You and Reki were the whole time directly behind the two as you just came along Shadow since he had a car and was able to follow them.

The race didn't got any better as it neared its end, the three of you who were following with the car, came into the old warehouse or whatever it was, where the beef would end as you could see the two males head on head coming closer towards their goal as Miya did a great mistake as he thought he could block the way of Langa, who jumped on the railing of the stairs that they were driven on — taking the black haired male by surprise.

Even with a broken part at the railing, Langa managed to overcome it since the wheels of his skateboard were able to do a 180° spin, skating above it with no problem.

Miya was fast to catch up again but wasn't able to win the race in the end as Langa was a few milliseconds faster than him.

You could hear the people around you cheering for the blue-haired male, surprised about his victory against someone like Miya as you weren't really sure how to react.

Reki, who was standing besides you before, already ran over towards his friend as he was even more excited than normal about the win, as he almost jumped at Langa, for some reason then praising his skateboard...

You were still standing still in your spot as you watched your friend just looking at the ground as your couldn't make out if he was mad, surprised, sad, or whatever. You wasn't really sure how he would react since this was basically the first time in like years that someone won again him in skating. And above all, someone as Langa, who was only skating for barely two weeks.

( I honestly can't remember how long Langa skated at the match exactly- but we just imagine it to be two weeks )

"To think I would lose..."

The black-haired male muttered, sweat dropping from his face as he seemed like he would stare holes in the ground.

"Miya..."

You said to yourself, feeling bad for his loss as you already thought beforehand that there was a chance for him to lose this beef — but seeing that it was really true, was still slightly shocking for you.

"I can tell you the reason why you lost"

You heard Reki say as he had finally calmed down from his rush of excitement, now looking at Miya with a rather serious look — through, you couldn't really see that since the males back faced you.

"Skating is something you have fun doing"

He said as Miya perked up at this, a rather angry expression at first as he stared at the red-head, but loosened it as he thought about his words.

"Fun? It was fun. It was really fun, indeed"

He began speaking as his eyes were averted to the ground again.

"In the beginning. But..."

You weren't sure what he wanted to say as you just looked at your friend and waited for him to continue.

"Everyone disappeared. The better you become... They all disappear in the end"

At the end of his sentence, you were just staring at him. Sure, you knew that his old friends abandoned him, leaving him behind in the dust because he became better in skating than them as in the end, only you two were left.

Feeling your eyes becoming glossy, you quickly wiped away the single tear that formed in the corner of your eye.

'Ugh, I'm not a person to cry'

You thought as your feet moved from themselves, speed-walking towards Miya as your expression showed that you were kinda mad. After all, Miya still had you, and you surely wouldn't leave him.

The black-haired male was taken aback as you suddenly came straight towards him, slinging your arms around the boy as you almost squeezed him to death, looking like a mad baby Panda.

"You aren't alone, idiot"

You said, squeezing the male even more as you felt him slightly shaking, letting his head fall on top of you shoulder as he just stood there, biting his lower lip as he tried to not let out a single sob.

He knew you were there for him but wasn't sure if it would stay this way. After all, he also thought that his past friends would stay forever, but look where he was right now.

Seeing you in this state just because he basically said that you also, would leave him someday, made him feel something in his stomach that he couldn't really make out what it was.

But he was glad that you were there.

Even if it was just that moment, even if it wouldn't last forever.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hey hey,

How are y'all doing these days? I'm just enjoying the last two days that I don't need to go to school...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry if it was a little bit cringe? I don't even know, I'm cringe myself lol

Anyways, hope you had / have a good day and see you soon.

~ Author-Chan