Wake Up

Warning. This might be literal trash. I have no idea.

Julie helped her father and her bother set the table for dinner, leaving an empty spot for her mother. 

"There we go," exclaimed Julie's dad as he placed the bowl of spaghetti on the table while she did the same with the salad. They both sat down, Julie across from Carlos and her father next to her. "OK. Let's do this."

"Let's do it." said Carlos, grabbing his fathers hand and placing his other hand by his mother's empty spot, Julie doing the same.

"Your turn, Carlos."

"Thank you for our leftovers and the powers of the mighty microwave. Amen," he said, his eyes closed.

"Amen," repeated Julie before she began to grab some food. Her father chuckled, serving his daughter some spaghetti. 

"So, Carlos tell me he found you in the studio," he said, serving Carlos as well.

"She was out there talking to herself," the boy explained.

"I was rehearsing for a play," Julie replied, chuckling slightly. Suddenly, a 'Hello, hello' was heard from their backyard. They all scrambled to move the plate, and utensils from Julies mothers seat.

"Oh, busted!" muttered Carlos as he quickly grabbed the napkin.

"Yeah, we're in here. Quick!" Julie's dad took the utensils from Julie and tossed them into the kitchen while Julie placed the plate on the chair and Carlos swiped the table mat away, fully clearing the table. They quickly went back to eating, hoping that the women wouldn't noticed anything.

"Huh. Spaghetti. Again," said the women, as she set something down on the counter top. "That's too bad. I brought you my pasteles and arroz con pollo."

"Yum," said Julie's father as the women placed the dishes into the fridge.

"Mm! Thanks, tia. It smells great," Julie exclaimed, turning towards her.

"You can have it tomorrow. I can't let you have leftovers every night. My sister would kill me, may she rest in peace." She said as she went to stand next to Julie. "Oh. . . I see things here are going better?" she asked, rubbing her hand over the now vacant spot at the table.

"Actually. . ." started Julie's father, ". . .Julie has been cleaning out mom's studio. Hopefully, we can get the house on the market and some offers soon."

"Well, I like the sound of that," Tia said, rubbing her hand on Julie's back. "Moving from here is only gonna help you move on. You've got to rip that Band-Aid off and get the pain over with." Julie let out a sudden yell having now noticed the three ghosts that were walking towards her while a fourth shook her head behind them. The three ghosts suddenly stopped, alarmed by her sudden yell. Julie's dad and her aunt looked at her worriedly, only to have her chuckle awkwardly in response.

"That's me. Ripping off the Band-Aid. Aah!" she said, causing her brother to chuckle.

"There's my brave girl!" exclaimed her aunt, pinching Julie's chin.

"Hey, Julie." Julie turned around to see Luke standing next to her, hands on his knees. "I really like what you guys did with the place."

"You shouldn't be here!" said Julie to Luke. Her aunt gasped, turning back towards Julie, having thought that Julie was talking to her..

"Oh, I'm just here to help, mija." she reassured as Julie looked back over at the three ghosts. 

"Oh. . .I think that's our cue to leave," whispered Alex to Luke as the latter walked back towards his bandmates.