chapter 8: where is Pip?!

Damien P.O.V

The sun was going down. I watched as the remaining kids got into their cars and left. I looked around and saw pip waving Kenny and Butters goodbye as they drove off. I started to walk over to him. "So what you going to do now..." I said

"I'm going home of course!" He said with a smile. This time it didn't seem forced. I smile back as I watched him walk away.

"Wait will I see you tomorrow?" I yelled

Pip nodded his head "yes" and then turned away.

I was excited to hear that he was coming to school tomorrow. I almost jumped in excitement. It was strange but in a good way and all I know is that tomorrow would be a good day.

Tuesday, Oct, 28th. Pip POV

As it always is getting up was a struggle for me But I managed. I got out of bed and proceeded to get ready for my day. I felt sluggish and tired but that was normal I always felt this way. With my same morning routine, a headed down the stairs. I thought to hear shuffling in the kitchen I peeked inside and my sister was doing dishes.

"It must be a good day she never does chores." I thought

I cautiously Pete into the living room to see if he was there. He wasn't?

"Perhaps that's what put her in a good mood? I hear them fight all the time but she never leaves him... it's strange?"

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar.

"I'm leaving for school, bye," I said she ignore me like always. I started to head out the door and walk to the bus stop.

Damien's POV

I ran to the bus stop excited I don't know why but I was just so happy to get on the bus today. As it had arrived I jumped on the bus and headed straight for the back. I went to Pip's spot and sat in it on purpose.

"This will give me an excuse to talk to him. I could just say I forgot..." I thought

Pip lives right across the street from me. But he obviously takes a different bus stop than I. I just had to wait for him to get on. We stopped at his bus stop. I was so excited to see him. Three other kids entered the bus but not pip? I tried to look to the front to see if he was getting on late but nothing! The bus started to take off.

"Wait!... can we wait a few seconds longer I think someone's coming!"

The bus driver nodded and we wait a few more seconds.

"Sorry kid, whoever was supposed to get on missed it."

The driver said as they took off. "I don't understand he said he'll come to school today? Don't be so hasty Damien he probably just overslept and missed the bus I'll see him at school" I thought

The first Bell had rung and still no sign of Pip. The second Bell had rung and he still wasn't there. Lunch period Has started and there was no hope of him coming to school today at this point. Recess has started And I went to ask the only person I thought would know.

"Hey Butters, do you know where pip is? He said he'll come to school today but he's not here?" I asked

"Oh, pip? If he doesn't feel like coming to school he won't. So don't believe him when he says that. Sometimes pip just skips because. I guess that's just him now. He almost has as Miss days as Kenny."

Kenny turned around and punch Butters in the arm. Butters giggle and said, "ow that hurt!"

"Well do you know where I could find him," I asked