chapter 6: lunch and recess

The second the Bell rung everybody bolted into the hallway. I was trampled up by a crowd of people... I looked around searching for pip but I couldn't see him anywhere. There were too many people. And everyone just flooded into the lunchroom...

Damien's POV

I got dragged into the lunchroom. I still can see him. I saw everyone placing their lunches on the table and start to chat. I walk over to the table where I saw Stan in his little group sitting down and I sat with them. People just ask me more questions when I got there but I didn't answer I just continue searching for him. Then I started to feel like someone was staring at me. I didn't know who but someone was definitely, staring at me. Every time I looked I only saw eyes, on other people. Then at the corner of my eye, I saw yellow hair and a brown hat leaving the lunchroom...

"I'll be right back you guys," I said getting up

"Wait but you didn't answer my question? how did you get Rheingold in with these ass munchers!" Some kid said I didn't care who I just wanted to go...

"Yeah whatever, I got a pee," I said bolting out of the lunchroom.

The hallway was completely, empty. There was no one out there. I guess everyone was at lunch now. I walk and started to hear humming halfway down the hallway. I peeked behind the corner. Pip was just sitting there with his legs crossed eating his lunch alone. He had headphones in listening to some music. I stepped up and waved at him.

"Hey!" I said

He looked at me and completely ignored me. He continued to just eat his food. I took it upon myself to sit next to him.

"So... why you out here?" He ignored me again.

"Amm... is lunch good?" I can tell he's ignoring me.

I took a deep breath and said "look you probably can't hear me... but if you can! I'm sorry about this morning... I was just a little agitated you know, and I just wanted to see if you are okay..."

He looked at me took out his earphone and said "no I can hear you just fine... it's just why do I keep running into you? it's almost like you're following me?"

I nervously laughed "what!? no!?, you just look like you're lonely so I want to talk to you..."

he sides "well you wouldn't be wrong. I am kind of lonely... the only two friends I have can't eat with me all the time and I really don't like the lunchroom so I'm out here"

"Well do you mind if I keep you company?" I said

He smiles "no not at all!"

We sat there and chatted for a little bit I even ate some of his lunch. It's got silent and he asked me a question.

"Hey, Damien?... Not to intrude... but why are you following me around? I-I mean... I'm not saying anything bad but... I-I thought you were staring at me today in class to..."

I broke into a cold sweat. I could tell he knew something was up. I quickly changed the subject before he can ask another question.

"H-hey what are you listening to? is it any good?" I said nervously.

He laughs "it's not a song... just a soundtrack. That someone made of a random type beat"

he looked down at his phone.

"you want to listen?"

I looked at him and silently nodded in agreement. He grabbed a tissue and White Off the earphone and then placed it in my ear. He let me listen to whatever he was playing...

N O S T A L G I C- TYPE BEAT...