chapter 2: what I deal with

Pip's POV

Today is Friday a week before Halloween. I'm going to the school to make a banner for the art Club. It's for the Halloween party we're having next Friday on Halloween. I put on my stuff and started to head out. I called out to my sister to tell her that I'm leaving. "Sis I'm going out I'll be back around 7 or 8 a clock". I said but there was no answer. I saw the TV was on in the living room so someone is definitely in there. But this is normal they usually annoying me.

I headed it out and walk to the school it took me about an hour to get there. I like it though it was quiet and peaceful. I made sure not to go in any big areas so I don't get caught by anyone at school. I didn't feel like being bothered. I finally arrived at the school. I pushed open the school doors and went in.

I walk down the hallway to the cafeteria and went inside I saw the art Club has already started. I saw Butters from a glance of my eye. "Oh hey pip". "hey Butters sorry I'm late I walked hear anything start yet"? I said calmly "oh no nothing yet but Kenny made a vase that looks like a pumpkin". I looked over and saw Kenny waving at us with a stupid grin. Butter started to giggle "that idiot" he said blushing.

We walked over to a large purple Banner and started to paint. I looked over at Butters and saw that he had a bruise on his cheek. I immediately got scared and said "oh my gosh are you okay what happened"!? Butters looked at me, then he touched his face. "Oh! I got into a little scrap with Cartman before school ended but don't worry I won". we both laughed it off and continue to work.

My mind started to wander and I started to think to myself "Butters is so lucky. He got rid of all his problems in one night. Almost three years ago when we were in the fourth grade. Butters got thrown out of the house by his dad no one really knew why but I did. He said that his dad and him got into an argument about something stupid and he talked back to him. So he threw him out. That night Butters went missing for a week. He was actually staying at Kenny's house. In that week time span Butters had learned a lot, that the world is unfair and cruel. When he finally returned his dad felt so bad that he promised to change so he did. After that Butters didn't let no one get to him anymore he didn't let no one pic with him. And if anyone snaps at him he'll snapback! No one can get to Butters anymore only one that can is Kenny. Maybe it's because they're dating. Sometimes I wish I was in his shoes. To know what it's like to not be like this.

Butters was calling out to me I was still in a trance. Nothing broke me out of it but the vibrations of my phone. "Oh sorry I have to take this" I said getting up and leaving the cafeteria. I walked out into the hallway and looked at my phone. My face lit up as I saw the number. It was Jackie! Jackie is a boy that texted me one day out of Random I don't know why but he just did and he made me feel a lot better after talking.

2 years ago: I sat there in the dark crying myself to sleep. My sister and her boyfriend was arguing. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to help her so I try but that just got me slapped and beat for trying to help. Worst of all my sister didn't defend me when it happened. She acts like she cares for her boyfriend more than me. "I Hate Everything. Why won't this hurt go away. I tried and tried but nothing works. It WON'T STOP SOMETIMES I JUST WANT TO DI-". My phone suddenly rings I look at the number

Unknown number: hello 👋

Pip: is this a faxed number? Go away I don't want what you're selling.

Unknown number: no no I just like texting random numbers in the phone book.

Pip: oh?

Unknown number: so how was your day ☺️

Pip: well, not too well...

Unknown number: oh? How so, tell me about it?

Pip: well...

That day we talked all night and didn't stop until the morning. I learned that his name was Jackson but his friends call him Jackie. He made me feel wanted and loved when I really needed it. Jackie has told me he's a little older than me. But I don't care I really love him and I hope one day we will meet and be together.