Chapter 19

Tetsurou stands in the center of the clearing looking around and making sure that everything looks exactly right. The chairs are set up in neat even rows. Decorations hang from the trees, sparkling in the sunlight. He takes a deep breath, letting the mountain air fill his lungs. There's a bit of a chill in the wind, just enough to keep the bright sun from being overbearing. Tetsurou can never get enough of being outside in the open. He'd spent so long confined in the dark, he'd almost forgotten the way the sun felt on his face.

He's glad that Kei had given him the idea to have an outdoor wedding. Walls felt confining, the longer he spent inside the more it felt like they were closing in on him. With his injuries, he hadn't been able to get out much on his own. He was glad when he'd been able to trade the wheelchair for a pair of crutches and now he could walk on his own at least for short periods of time. He should be resting it now in order to make sure he can stand for his own wedding but Bokuto had proved to be too overzealous with the decorating so Tetsurou had sent him to pick up the food and cake instead.

There are still several hours until the wedding is supposed to start and while he's heard nothing yet from Kei he's sure that everything will go smoothly. Akaashi had assured them that Kei would be brought straight there from his mission with Suga and Atsumu. Their guests were really only other members of Fukurodani. It was kind of impressive that they were all free from missions at the same time and Tetsurou had a feeling that Akaashi had played a part in that as well. It was kind of impressive how far he'd come since they were children. He'd always been so cold to everyone but Bokuto had chipped away at him until he'd opened up some. Tetsurou considered him a friend now and he thought that Akaashi felt the same way but to those who hadn't grown up in Fukurodani he'd probably always seem to be the impassive robot he'd been raised to be.

Tetsurou takes a seat on one of the chairs and stretches his legs out, trying to relax them a bit. He knows that if he overdoes things he'll end up having to go back to the medical ward and deal with Matsukawa yelling at him. Tetsurou presses his palms against his legs and takes a few deep breaths. He doesn't want to admit it, but he hasn't felt right since the first time he was freed. He thought originally that getting back to work as quickly as possible would help him but then on his very first mission he'd messed up badly enough to get himself captured again.

"You have tremors," Kenma's soft voice comes from the chair beside him and Tetsurou isn't at all surprised to see him sitting there with his eyes focused on the Switch in his hands. He clenches his right hand into a fist to hide the shaking.

"Occasionally, yeah," He admits, because there's no use trying to keep things from Kenma.

"Just that hand?" Kenma's two-toned hair hides his face from view but Tetsurou knows that those sharp eyes can probably see everything anyway.

"Mostly, sometimes the left too," There's nothing wrong with them physically. Nothing that Matsukawa could find anyway. Tetsurou is sure that it's just his brain messing with him as if the nightmares and the claustrophobia weren't a problem enough.

"Can you shoot?" Kenma asks.

"Not with the shaking."

"What are you going to do?"

"What can I do?" He shrugs. "I was thinking about it, maybe retiring or something you know? It's been practically a whole lifetime of this. Maybe I'll do office work like Tooru or something."

"You could become an actual teacher," Kenma suggests. Tetsurou tilts his head back and closes his eyes as the sun comes out from behind a cloud.

"I did enjoy it. I don't know if I'd go back to teaching college though."