Chapter Two

It was two weeks since I blacked out. I received more food, but I shared that with Sarven on the nights we had off. She accepted my feelings of love, and we started to date. Even though most of my friends said that she wasn't the one, I never cared, Sarven was making me feel better than I have in years. I was treated harsher and I was bashed around by the American soldiers, all because I was sharing my unexpected food wealth with Sarven. It was illegal to share food with others because it was "unhealthy" (but it was a damned lie). I started to receive less and less food, until I was running on nothing but thin air. I was well trained for this, even before the Americains took over, life in the Soviet Union was hungry and angry towards Adolf Hitler and his Nazi's. Sarven came to see me one day, and she wasn't off, nor was I. It was urgent, and she hugged me, crying and she did not let go. My weak arms held Sarven's frame, and I murmured some Russian for her.

"M-minreski..." Sarven whimpered, and she put her head in the crook in my neck. My words of comfort could never help with her pain. I could not take my hunger anymore, my whole chest was rumbling, making me shake from my shoulders to my own head. I collapsed, Sarven struggling to hold me up. Delusional, I started to froth at the mouth, so hungry, but tired of fighting the pain. Sarven, oh my poor maiden, was swiped away because everyone thought I was going feral. "L-let him go! He is hungry, not feral!" She yelled, tearing up as I was taken away. I was thrown into a mental hospital, I was thankful about the place because I was so hungry. No one really wanted to talk to me, but I had no care. My head hurt with repeated hammering about United States history, how the U.S won over the USSR, just all that. One day, I had enough and I used the rest of my ketchup packet and made a small hammer and sickle on the table. I knew that the table was easily stained, so I used it to my advantage. I wiped the ketchup after I knew the table was well stained, and smiled at my own little victory. I was gaining a few pounds, and I was sneaking apples and oranges out of the mess hall, just for Sarven.