Chapter Five

Due to Nikita slamming me into a wall (and being declared a Ronin) I was frightened to be around Nikita. Ivan harshly bit off Nikita’s head, going off his rocker in anger. “Ivan, chill out!” Nikita yelled, “I was getting antsy about if he was a damned Ronin!” He added.

“That means nothing Nikita, it gives the rest of us a bad rap!” Ivan snarled, and he glared. I was in the room, silent because I had nothing to add. “Mirenski is new here, and you fling him into the wall?!” Ivan asked of Nikita. Nikita sighed and he nodded. Understanding that what he did, might have killed Mirenski. “I understand that you want to find more of the Ronin strength to fight back the USA, but we can’t just fling everyone into walls.” Ivan said and he sighed. I looked at Nikita and at Ivan.

“What is a Ronin?” I asked.

“A Ronin is someone who is really strong, like you can power lift three Americains, and you can’t really get hurt.” Ivan said. I nod, looking at my hands, thinking...what if I was intended to kill others, just with my hands..? Nikita looked at me, and he frowned, scribbling more notes down. 

“He doesn’t look like a Ronin, he looks like a stick.” Nikita commented. Ivan had the look of wanting to murder Nikita, but he did not move. 

“Use your brain, he’s been underfed like the rest of us.” Ivan said, “To make things worse, his ‘maiden’, was putting herself in his life.” He added, putting air quotes around the word maiden. Nikita nodded, and he scribbled more notes. I looked at Nikita, and he looked back at me. 

“How old is he?” Nikita barked. 

“He is twenty-one, and I am twenty-three, he looks old because he was put in a dead-end job.” Ivan said. 

“What job?” 

“Crunching numbers for an unmanned rocket, due to deploy in the next three hours.” 

“Mirenski, is that true?” 

I nodded, going silent because I did not know what to say, or do. I yawned, too much excitement for one day. Nikita stared at me, looking at my face, as if he was trying to analyze it. “That is all, you two are dismissed.” Nikita said, and I briskly walked to my room. I flopped onto the bed and curled up,  too tired to eat. 

“Oh no you don’t, you are coming with me to the mess hall.” Ivan told me and I looked at him. I frowned and did not get up. I felt like something was shattered in my headspace, and I held onto the bedspread. I felt Ivan's eyes bore into me and I froze up, feeling like no one cared or even knew that it hurt.