Chapter 7 Forbidden Zone

Date: Saturday, The Thirteenth day of April 1912
Place: Titanic – Quick Family Cabin
Time: 16:01

Winnifred sat on the bed in her cabin. She was just finishing up a project her mother had her do. Phyllis split her dress while sitting down, so Winnifred had to sew it up. Jane was busy with a naked little girl. Her sister was running around the room giggling her head off.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the door.

"Could you get that dear?" Jane asked. Shrugging, Winnifred walked over and opened it.

"Josephine? Anneliese?" Winnifred looked shocked. She was not expecting us.

"Hello," I said, standing outside.

"How'd you know which room I was in?" She asked.

"Your Mother told ours," I laughed.

Behind her, I saw little Phyllis in the room running around naked with Jane running after her with a clean diaper. v "I believe we came at a bad time," Anneliese giggled. All three of us giggled looking towards them.

"Wanna go somewhere fun?" Winnifred whispered. v "Sure," I whispered back. v "Where are we going?" Anneliese asked.

"Winnifred looks back towards her mother and then to us. "It's a secret."

"As long as we won't get into any trouble," I feared the thought. "I'm already in trouble and have to stay with my sister whenever I leave the cabin."

"You're not going to get in trouble," Winnifred promised. "As a matter of fact, we'll be back before supper."

"I look at Anneliese. She looks at me, we shrugged and both agreed to go.

"I'll be back later, Mother," Winnifred hollered back in the room.

"Be back before Supper," Jane hollered back.

"I will mother," Winnifred groaned.

We all went down the hallway to a door. I wasn't sure where she was going. Looking both ways, making sure there was no one watching Winnifred opened the door to a staircase.

I notice her beginning to head down the stairs.

"Wait, shouldn't we be heading up, not down," Anneliese cried. "These stairs head straight to third class."

"I thought we weren't going to get in trouble? I panic.

"Don't be a chicken," Winnifred chuckled. "Second Class can go down, but Third class can't come up."

"I don't think that works that way," I argued "Someone will ask us where we live, which would mean they would have to tell our parents."

Winnifred didn't say anything. She kept walking down the staircase.

"I got a bad feeling about this," Anneliese whispered to me. We all walked down the stairs. As we walked through the maze of the staircase. Walking through hallway after hallway. At the end, we could see a room with many chairs and tables. This must have been where third class ate their meals. I thought. It didn't look like the second class and especially the first class dining rooms.

 It didn't look like the second class and especially the first class dining rooms