Life of a Royal

(excuse the video ;)

As I sit below an oak tree reading a novel my mind wanders to thoughts of life if I wasn't a royal. Life would be simpler, I would have more freedom and definitely no paperwork! Suddenly I'm broken from my trance by my very loud and obnoxious sister, s/n.

"Y/n you can't keep running off and avoiding your paperwork!" She screeched from behind me.

"Mhm.. go away s/n! Sometimes I just need a break!" I whined as I crossed my arms in front of me out of pure frustration.
"Well.. you better get back to your office soon and get ahead of your paperwork because we're going on a trip to Clarines and won't be back for a couple months.." She said with a sigh soon wandering off, most likely back to her office.

"The nerves of her.." I mumble throwing my book at the grass beneath my feet. I look up only to see Obi sprinting full speed at me with a water gun in hand.

"Agh Obi! Seriously! If my sister knows you're here, she's gonna put you on death row you know?" I said with a slight giggle.

"She wouldn't dare!" He said breaking out into a laugh.

"Anyways.. Do you want to sneak up into my office so I can finish off my paperwork and sort out clothes to take to Clarines?"

"I'm down, but you're not making me sit through watching you try multiple outfits on okay?" He said grinning from ear to ear as he took off jumping from tree to tree.

"That bloody cat, I swear.." I mumble under my breath.

So I folded up my quilt and put it under my arm as well as grabbed my book from beside me and took off towards the castle. I sluggishly open my bedroom door and chuck the quilt and book on my bed and make my way up the corridor to my office. "Yay.. my favorite place.. Shoot me now.." I grumble to myself.

I flopped down at my desk with Obi behind me on my window sill and started on a plan for a transport route being created up to the mountains. We stayed working on that for about 3 hours until about 9 at night and retired to my room to sort my bags. Obi is actually got quite good taste in clothes, so he set out a couple of outfits on my carpet for the maids to sort through in the morning. Before I knew it, I had passed out on my bed not knowing how much this trip we will be going on will affect my life significantly in the future...

I was awoken to maids running around my room throwing stuff in my luggage bags."Hold up! What the hell is going on right now??" I questioned not only to get a hit by Miss Mimi. "Language y/n.." She shouted with an evil smirk.

"Don't smirk like that again or I may just have to jump out my window!" I said jokingly. Due to travelling, s/n made an exception for our outfit attire so i decides to wear a top with some jeans and causal shoes.

 Due to travelling, s/n made an exception for our outfit attire so i decides to wear a top with some jeans and causal shoes

As I set up in the carriage, my sister suddenly emerges in a classy pink gown with tan wedge heels. I for real facepalmed myself then and there.

"Are you seriously wearing that today for the carriage ride? Won't you be uncomfortable?" I spoke with cockiness to make her feel dumb although she through back. "We must make a good impression on the princes of Clarines." She said with a wide grin. "Gesh okay, I'll get changed before we arrive." I mumbled under my breathe. "As you will and cut the awful language, it's not acceptable." She said turning towards me and straightening her back. "Yes mam!" I yelled meanwhile saluting my middle and index fingers out of sarcasm. She went silent after that but continued to make cocky remarks as we traveled heading towards Clarines.

After awhile, I opened the carriage window to see Obi jumping from tree to tree. As he realized my eyes on him, he turned his head and pulled up the peace sign with his tongue poking out. "Dumbass.." I mumbled under my breathe and sent him the rude finger in return. "Who were you talk to?" S/n asked as she turned her head with a questioning expression. "Myself genius!" I grinned but new I would get scolded by my sister when we arrive to Clarines.

Thankfully our kingdom isn't to far from Clarines so we would be expected to arrive late in the afternoon. We stopped at an inn around lunchtime to eat some food considering we hadn't eaten since the early hours of the mornings. I was broken from thought when my sister started shaking my arm like a maniac.

"y/n we have to go have lunch." She said with a sleepy face. She must had fallen asleep while I was reading.

"I'll be fine, I'm going to go do some sword training. I jumped out of the carriage to be met with the fresh air and began jogging into the forest not to far from the inn. "Mmmm, lovely day!" I said grinning. "Indeed it is miss." I turn around to see Obi holding up his sword ready to duel in his regular stance. I got where he was going and pulled out my sword and moving into a fighting stance. "Ready to get your ass kicked again Obi?" I questioned with an ear to ear grin. "It's been awhile since we last dueled and I've learnt some new moves you know." Damn.. since when did this bitch get so confident.

We began the duel as I went to strike first. He somehow had gotten to my ankles and tripped me but I flipped back over out of his grasped as we continued to clash our swords together. We each eventually threw our swords of into the grass and begun close up combat. I got a good couple punches to his gut but he also got a couple strikes at my ankles cause he knew that was my weakness. I tried to karate kick him but he ended up punching me in the boob. "Bruhhhhh.. what the fuck! owww." I whined to him. "That felt like a pillow!" He said with wide eyes. We both fell into a fit of laughter.

I stealthily decided to strike while he was distracted laughing and jelly legged the back of his knees so he would fall to the ground. I eventually got him into a tight headlock so he surrendered. "That's unfair..!" He wined gripping onto my leg but I just laughed it off. "You can never be off guard Obi!" We both begun to laugh as we lay on the soft grass under the shade. We soon got disturbed by Mimi screaming. "Princess! We need to leave so we can make it to Clarines by sun down know hurry up!" I sighed and turned towards Obi. "Guess I'll see ya at the Castle Obi!" I said as i straightened out my back and stood up. "See ya there y/n." He said with a wide grin. "Now go jump them trees or something." I said with a light chuckle. "Will do!" He said with a genuine smile.

i eventually returned to the carriage with Mimi and my sister as we got back on the rode. "Only about 4 hours left y/n!" Mimi said with a cheery expression. The ride consisted of me curled up with a novel while my sister sat beside me with paperwork in hand majority of the ride. We came over a hill and saw the sunset on the horizon with Clarines sitting in the distance. "It's so beautiful.." I muttered. "Indeed it is! Izana and Zen have done a really good job haven't they?" She looked to me with a smile which shocked me because she didn't smile often causing me to stutter... "I-I guess so?" I quickly got dressed as we approached the castle into a gorgeous baby blue gown with white strappy heals.

The carriage started to pull up towards the castle gates as a start to get anxious as I don't usually go on royal business much

The carriage started to pull up towards the castle gates as a start to get anxious as I don't usually go on royal business much. We pulled up to a beautiful entry with grand stairs. We hopped out of the carriage and begun to climb the stairs while the guards collected our luggage's as we both gradually took in the beauty of Clarines.

.

.

Ayo guys! First chapter done! Sorry it may not be the best but I will try to make the next chapter a good one for you guys! Please write comments attached to this paragraph for any recommendations! It would be a big help. Love u all! xx