Chapter : 6

Picture of Selena and Micheal! <3

"So any boyfriend?" lee asked looking at me with curiosity. Why is everyone so interested in this particular topic? Is it an obligation to have a boyfriend?

"Uh...no, what about you?" I asked smiling at her. "Well, I don't do boyfriends" she said placing one pile of clothes in the cupboard. "What does that mean?" I asked raising my eyebrows. Did she turn into a lesbian? She looked at me and laughed clearly understanding my expression.

"I just friend zone every guy" she explained closing the cupboard. She came over to the bed and sat beside me. "Why?" I asked. "I don't know...maybe I just didn't meet the right one" she offered.

Lee looked so different and gorgeous now. Her pretty blue eyes complimented her face. Her long brown hair reached up to her waist, I wish I had long hair like her. Her voice sounded different, extra sweet maybe. Miracles of puberty!  

"You look so much like ruby" I said smiling at her. As soon as I mentioned that her smile faded away. But she quickly covered it up by smiling again.   

"Is everything alright?" I asked. "You can tell me you know" I said trying to ease out my question. She didn't speak anything which made me anxious. I cannot stand silence. I was about to cut the silence when there was a knock at the door.

Lee looked a bit relieved. Was I nagging her already?

"Yes?" she said. "Ruby is leaving lee" a voice said from behind the door. I abruptly recognised it, it was Daniel. I see he has manners, I hate people who just walk into someone's room without permission.

"Let's get down" lee said standing up.

Lee and I walked down to see my mom and ruby embracing each other, my dad was beside my mom and Daniel was utterly into his phone. The hug was longer than usual. Is something wrong? Ruby looked so exhausted and more likely she looked depressed.

The two ladies let go each other. Ruby walked over to lee and hugged her, "Bye sweetie, take care of yourself okay?" she said kissing her forehead. "Yeah mom I will" lee replied smiling.

"Daniel-" ruby was ungraciously cut off by Daniel. "Yeah ruby I got everything" he said sounding annoyed. How rude is that! How can he talk to his mother like that?!

Ruby didn't look offended, like she is use to this. She finally turned to me smiling. "Bye baby" she said coming forward to hug me, I hugged her back. "Bye ruby see you soon" I said smiling at her.

My parents went to drop ruby off to the airport again, she was flying back to Chicago on the same day so she didn't get to spend much time with us.   

When my parents returned we all had dinner together. It was a bit awkward for me because of the little encounter I had with Daniel earlier today. My dad asked me to show Daniel and lee around the city and school tomorrow. After dinner I headed straight to my room. I did my business before hugging the bed and jumping into my dreams.

***

"Bianca! Wake up!" lee howled in my ears. I shot up and my head banged onto something hard causing me to drop on my bed again. "Ow! What the hell was that?!" I said rubbing my forehead while erecting myself again.

"It was my jaw crazy lady!" a deeper voice said. I opened my eyes taking in the view of Daniel standing in front of my bed. The room was still dark which was good because I am kind of a night owl. "What were you up to?!" I asked suspicious.

"We are definitely gonna be late!" lee said bouncing like a rabbit. I looked at the clock on my nightstand, 5:02 was beaming in green on the black screen. I groaned and slapped my hand on my forehead.