Arthur vs Lucas/Phase 1

A/N: Sorry for delay but I was rereading TBATE to have a better grasp of characters. This book will probably have 4/5 chapters more. After finishing I will make similar fanfic but with proper backstory of "X" and probably will take place after Arthur return from training with Windsom.

"Next video will be about fight between Arthur and Lucas on professor Glory lesson, first part of the fight will also be from her perspective,"

"I can finally get to know how you just instantly teleported out of nowhere," Glory said, her eyes glue to screen in excitement.

This statement picked an inters of all people present, how can a twelve-year-old boy come up with a spell that allow him teleport and even use it in the middle of a fight when the best mages in history failed?

PROFESSOR GLORY'S POV:

Hmmm... Lucas... he's better than I've heard.

Inferno's Cage was a pretty tough spell to master, yet he was able to cast it while running backwards. Seriously, he was barely thirteen and he could already use a domain type spell. Haa... the world sure was coming to a change, with a half-elf like him using fire attribute magic, and even Princess Tess—they were all monsters. I got shivers down my back imagining how strong they'd become by the time they graduated from here.

"This generation sure is full of geniuses, with the potential Arthur has, he can become the center of the biggest revolution in terms of magic in history," Cynthia said. 'If I were to get all these geniuses to train together, they would be able to save this continent? They are still children but I have a feeling that this is my last chance. *Sigh* My actions may activate a curse, I still have a few decades before the invasion, acting without thinking will only make things worse,'

"I can assure you that this brat can make revolution not only in magic but also in technology," Gideon said while grinning.

"I am grateful that two people of this status are praising me but I don't plan on making any big revolutions, I am happy with what I already have,"

But that brat, Arthur... What the hell was he? Lucas Wykes, since he awakened a few years back thanks to his elf lineage, I could sort of understand the level of control he had with his spells. Tessia Eralith, her being of pure elven lineage from the royal family guaranteed that her skills were a few levels above anyone anywhere near her age. But Arthur?

As soon as he flashed through the field to confront Lucas, I felt cold sweat. The way both the wind and earth naturally gravitated and danced around him—he wasn't controlling the elements to his commands like typical mages did. No, he was in perfect harmony with the mana surrounding him, as if the elements were mere extensions of his limbs.

Seemed like that brat Lucas was taking Arthur seriously. Good thing too, or he probably would've lost instantly. Currently, the spell Inferno's Cage encompassed both Arthur and Lucas in a large dome of fire. I could tell Lucas was a bit worn out after using it, but this was a continuous spell that he could leave activated until he ran out of mana, which I didn't feel would happen anytime soon. The dome made up of tiny orbs of fire was like a death trap used by conjurers to gain the advantage against augmenters or agile mana beasts.

The tiny orbs could shoot out beams and bullets of fire anywhere inside the dome, leaving the augmenter occupied enough so that the conjurer could cast more spells, uninterrupted.

I focused my gaze over to Curtis Glayder and Tessia Eralith. As expected, Curtis was having a hard time. I had the chance to observe the elf princess practicing with our director once, and I had to say, the way she battled was exquisite. She was a conjurer but her staff was actually a sharp blade made of a special wood that was lighter but harder than most metals. Casting buffs on herself and using spells in sync with her movement, she danced around the vines she conjured with a speed faster than even some trained augmenters from the wind aiding each motion and action.