8 | Views

The bright sun spills through the tan curtains, pulling me from my sleep

The bright sun spills through the tan curtains, pulling me from my sleep. I open my eyes, slightly, to see nothing but my decorated room. My lips pull into a smile as I close my eyes again. Perfect, an empty room with no one but me.

I stretch my arms as I reach over for my phone.

12:01 pm

Oh, I slept for a while. I guess the race wore me out.

The race. To be honest, it was extremely boring. But when you see the fast racers try to climb to the top, your heart starts to pulsate, fast. Like an animal trying to escape your chest. Besides, I didn't want to be rude and decline such an offer.

My feet come into contact with the carpet when I decide to get up. My inner voice is screaming at me right now, begging me to go back to bed. I ignore it and get changed.

After getting dressed for the day, I head downstairs. My mom is cooking something while my dad and sister are playing on the Nintendo Switch that's connected to the TV.

"What ya' making?" I ask my mom as I reach around her to grab an apple.

She stops my hand and looks at me. "I am making lunch, so don't eat anything yet until it's done or you'll be full." She tells me sternly.

I nod and roll my eyes as I make my way to the couch, hoping my dad and sister have something better to say.

"Hey. What are you playing?" I ask my sister who is on the floor.

"Give me a chance dad! You've won so many!" She throws the controller on the flood, raging from the game.

"Sorry, sorry, I promise I'll let you win next time." My dad states, looking over to me and winking. I laugh and throw him and thumbs up.

"We're playing Rocket League, wanna try?" She asks me as she picks up the thrown controller.

"Okay guys, the food's done!" My mom yells from the kitchen, waving her hands over to the table.

"Okay, coming," I answer, walking over to an empty seat around the table. My sister and dad follow me. I'm sitting next to my sister as my dad is across from me sitting next to my mom. It looks like she made eggs, cheesy eggs. My favorite.

My mind drifts back to yesterday when Damien dropped me off. His grip on my arm scared me, not because he was holding it tight or anything, but because of what my ex did after that. I shake my head, kicking those thoughts of my ex away and I pull my focus towards these eggs.

A few minutes later, the eggs that were once on my plate, are now deep inside my stomach. My very full stomach.

"I'm done, may I be excused?" I ask my mom who has a mouth full of food.

She nods her head, letting me know I can leave.

When I shut my door, I head straight over to my bed, picking up my phone. It looks like I have two texts.