9 | It makes me feel sick

Cassandra

Cassandra.

My mom and dad are standing behind her, looking down at me with a smile.

"Um, hello?" I tell her, walking around her and into the house. I try to go up to my room until an arm catches my own.

"Nope. You will stay down here and talk to our guest." My mother says sternly, gripping my arm with a tighter force.

I nod and sigh. I walk over to the couch where my sister now is. She looks as miserable as me.

Cassandra awkwardly laughs and walks over and sits beside me. Why the fuck is she here?

"So, what brought you over here?" I ask, my hands clench into fists as I try to hold back my strong desire to punch her in the face.

"You didn't know?" She turns her head to my parents confusingly. They are both standing in front of us now. "I was invited. They said dinner wouldn't be the same without me." She laughs and brings her hand up to her chest.

I scoff and turn my head away from her, cringing. Theres no way she thinks they want to see her. They just want us to become friends again.

After contemplating how I could escape from this disaster, I turn my attention back to Cassandra.

"Oh, great. Really looking forward to dinner. Now that I think about it, I should probably go get ready, don't wanna be looking terrible now, right?" I smile and wave as I make my way to the staircase. Footsteps follow me as I make my way to my room. I walk faster and close my door, well, try to close my door. Cassandra stops it before it closes all the way.

She looks at me as if I am some puzzle. "Have I ever offended you? Because you look at and treat me as if I had."

I stare at her, licking my lips in a nervous manner. "Yes, you have. Now please leave I have a dinner to attend." I try shutting the door but she doesn't budge.

"What did I do? I am very sorry for any harm that I could have caused." Her tone sounds sarcastic.

"Um remember your boyfriend? Yeah, the guy who basically assaulted me in the hallway? You were watching, no, you were laughing so you must remember?" I smile at her.

She gulps and looks down. "Look, me and him are no where near alike. So putting us in the same category is far much worse."

My mouth turns wide, into an 'O.' "Far much worse than what? Me being assaulted?" I ask in disbelief.

Her expression turns into frustration as she looks me over from head to toe. "When did I ever say that? I didn't, exactly. What I meant was that-that-"

I scoff and move closer to her, my breath should be hot against her skin. "I'm gonna need you to leave, okay? I'm sick of your shit. I'm sick of your boyfriends shit. I'm sick of everyone and everything's shit." I close my eyes for a second, my hand clenches into a fist.