The First Rehearsal part 2

March 5, 2012
Okay journal I'm back!

Where was I in the story? Oh right so after everything calmed down with the clubs outburst of Santana's nickname...

Madea looked around and noticed all the kids were here but there was no coach who ever she was. Madea asked "So where's this other teacher y'all have for this?" Santana raised her hand and when Madea nodded to her she replied "She's pregnant so she had a doctor's appointment. She told us in Cheerios practice this morning." Madea looked at her for a second before asking "What the hell is a Cheerio?" I decided to answer that question "Their our cheerleaders Madea." Madea said "Why she ain't just say that then? Hell I'm thinking she talking about cereal or something." Brittany raised her hand and when Madea acknowledged her Britt said "I'm trying to get my cat Lord Tubbington to eat Cheerios the cereal so he'll lose some weight. He tells me he prefers Arby's though."

Everyone in the class is shaking there and trying to stifle a laugh while Madea was giving her the biggest 'what the fuck' look. Before Madea got a chance to comment on what Brittany just said I got up from my chair and asked Madea to follow me. When we were out of earshot I told her all about Brittany and how protective Santana is of her. So Madea just shook her head and followed me back to the group. She looked at Brittany before saying "Conjunction junction what's your function?" then she turned to the white board and wrote on it 'Old Skool'.

As soon as I saw it I knew where she was going with this. Madea said "Okay so the week I'm here y'all are going to be going back to the old school to get songs to perform. And I mean R&B, Jazz, Soul or Blues-" Before she could say anything else Sugar raised her hand and asked "Can you give an example?" I knew she was going to look at me before I looked up to meet her eyes. Madea smiled and said "I won't but Mercedes will come on up here." I tried getting out of it by shaking my head but she sent me a glare and said "Girl don't make me tell you again." I got up and walked over to her and asked what she wanted me to sing and she told me "Give um a simple song." I smiled because I knew exactly what she wanted to hear. I walked over to the band and told them my song before heading back in front of the club and started belting.

A clean up woman is a woman who
Gets all the love we girls leave behind
The reason I know so much about her
Is because she picked up a man of mine

Chumpin' slick was my ruin
'Cause, I found out all I was doin'
Was making it easy for the clean up woman
To get my man's love, oh yeah
Just making it easy for the clean up woman
To get my baby's love, uh-huh, um-hum

I took this man's love and put it a shelf
And like a fool I thought I had him all to myself

When you needed love I was out having fun
But I found out that all I had done
Was made it easy for the clean up woman
To get my man's love, uh-huh
Yeah, that's what I did, I made it easy for the clean up woman
To steal my baby's love, oh yeah

The clean up woman will wipe his blues away
She'll give him plenty lovin' 24 hours a day
The clean up woman, she'll sweep him off his feet
She's the one who'll take him in when you dump him in the street
So take a tip, you better get hip
To the clean up woman 'cause she's tough
I mean, she really cleans up

By the time I was finished with the song just about everyone was up on their feet singing and dancing along with me. Madea walked back to the front of the room and was about to ask a question when Rachel raised her hand. She said "Now that's all good and everything but I was wondering if I could maybe sing some Barbra?" Madea looked at Rachel and said "What did I say? R&B, Jazz, Soul, and Blues. I didn't say anything about Barbra." Rachel looked at Madea and said "That's not fair she's old school so I should be able to do her music." Rachel set back in her seat mad when Finn said "Come on Rach she's in charge for a week just do what she wants." Rachel looked at him like he had grown two heads then she started yelling at him "Finn shut up and have my back on this." Just as Finn was about to say something Rachel cut him off and said "No I said to shut up. Don't make me say it again. You know what I'm out of here."

When Rachel left room everybody looked away from Finn so he wouldn't feel so bad. Well everyone but Santana who said "Man that's embarrassing as hell." everyone looked at Santana in disbelief while Puck pulled Finn to the side for a talk. Puck told him "You did good for not going off on her when she was going off on you but after you've done all you can. You just stand and start choking the hell out of her I mean put your thumbs to the back of her throat. Then you release her and go..." Puck made a choking motion with his hand and then released it while saying "Yah Trick" everyone looked at Puck dumb founded until Madea called Finn up to the front.

When he got there she asked if he was ok and he said "I guess Madea I just don't know how to really deal with her when she's like this." Everyone glanced around at each other before they all looked back at Finn and said in unison "YAH TRICK!"...

...I swear journal I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Alright I'm about to turn in I'll come back tomorrow with the update on Madea's antics.

Mercy!