Prologue

Unedited

Origin of Izuku

Izuku's POV

   There's 80% of the world's population that are born with quirks. It all started in Qing Qing City, China, where the first born baby, with the first quirk. Then later it became more and more common. Then there's heroes and villains. Heroes would use their quirks for good and fight the villians that use theirs for evil. Which is one of the many flaws about quirks.

   But then there are the 20% of the world's population that don't have quirks that they were born with. They were labeled as 'quirkless'. They were considered unlucky, in my opinion. And where I land was the 20% of people of the world that are considered quirkless. 

Out of POV

  "You should give up trying to be a hero kid.", the doctor said as he leaned on his chair, pretty much done with the checkup at this point. As those words came out, Izuku dropped his all Might figurine on the floor and he sat there surprised and sad. 

"There must be something wrong with him, right?", Izuku's mom, Inko Midoriya, said as she retrieved the figurine that her son dropped. 

"There's simply nothing wrong with your son, Mrs. Midoriya.", the doctor said, trying to clarify his statement. "There's no way of your son getting his quirk any time soon.", he said as he brought up some x-rays. 

   The doctor points at the pinky toe of the x-ray.

"Here, you see," the doctor continued, "he has two joints," he said as he looked at the x-ray then at the two people in front of him. 

"Which shows that his body doesn't show any quirk to be involved.", the doctor said as he finished.

"What's yours and your husband's quirk?", the doctor asked.

"Well, I have weak telekinesis and my husband's quirk is fire breathing.", Inko replied as she settled the figurine on her laps.

The doctor hummed as he closed the file up and closed the x-rays away. 

"Well, sorry to break the news to you and your son, there's nothing I could not do to you and your husband for making that happen.", the doctor said as he sighed at the end.

   Inko was filling the information inside her head. But with a sigh she got up and grabbed Izuku's hand. 

"Well thanks for informing us.", Inko said as she and Izuku went towards the exit and left the room. With them gone, the doctor sighed as he took off his glasses and wiped the smudges away and put them back on. 

   "Better keeping a quirk away then having people dying left and right.", the doctor said as he got up and put the files of Izuku away in the drawer, to be placed somewhere else later. 

'Better to have the boy to try his quirk out, leave it there and not use it, if he doesn't know it's there', the doctor thought as he waited for his next patients. 'Sooner or later people will start dying, let's not worry about that now, but later.', was his last thought as his next patients came inside the room. 

   Izuku's POV 

  After that day, I learned that not all men are created equal. Which I learned at the age of four. The news got out at school, and I started to be the laughing stock of the school. Which didn't make things better considering that I was about to lose a friend.

Sometime after the appointment
Out of POV 

Izuku was looking at the video he liked so much and watched, while his mother was looking at him with a sadden face.