3

(A/N) hello! I'm so terribly sorry for how long I've dragged out this chapters release.  I've had terrible writers block but I'm getting some motivation to write this! So enjoy :)

-middle of the battle-

Godzilla continued to shoot beams of atomic breath at Kong. About to finally succeed for the second time, Kong had grabbed a circular object and blocked himself from the radiation that was fired at him.

Before Godzilla could react, Kong's axe was slammed into his face. His dorsal fins stopped shining, and he was flung backwards.  The only thing he could see was a bright blue light, and the blurry image of Kong also being flung backwards.

Crashing to the ground after colliding with a building, Godzilla had blacked out for a moment. His ears were ringing loudly, glass and metal collapsing onto him from the destroyed building.

Getting no sign that Kong was coming to finish him off, he lifted himself off the ground, struggling a bit from the lack of long arms, but he managed to stand up straight. Shaking the debris off his body, he let out a growl.

Kong thinks he can take my title... Godzilla shook his head with a grunt. Leaning down onto all fours, out of the corner of his eyes he could see his dorsal fins blinking blue. Godzilla began to stalk through the city to find Kong.

Looking up, he spotted Kong on top of a building. A loud crash sounded behind him, whiping around to investigate, he was suddenly crashed into from behind. Snarling, Godzilla tried to break free from Kong's grip, but only received a strong punch to the face.

Kong pulled Godzilla upwards, trying to give him a disadvantage of attacking him, but the lizards long legs made it harder for him to make Godzilla vulnerable.

Godzilla tried multiple times to throw Kong off his back, but the Ape only tightened his grip. Growling in frustration, Godzilla received another punch to the face. This ape wasn't going to give up, was he?

Biting down harshly on Kong's forearm, he was able to throw Kong onto the ground not far ahead of him. Swiftly stepping forward, he made an attempt to stomp down on Kong's chest, but Kong had rolled away from him.

Godzilla snapped his jaws at Kong's throat, but Kong held him back. In response Godzilla latched his jaws around Kong's wrist, and dragged him in semicircle, tossing him into the side of a building.

Kong had gripped his shoulder in pain. Not giving him a split-second to recover, Godzilla leaped at him. Rolling to the side, Kong had managed to avoid the attack. Godzilla whipped his tail towards Kong, knocking the ape over.

Godzilla began crawling forwards towards the ape. He nipped at Kong's feet, successfully latching onto one after the second try, but Kong had kicked him in the head with full force.

Recovering quickly, Godzilla leaned over Kong and punched him in the face. Raking his claws down Kong's chest, blood splattered onto his hands and Kong's torso. Standing back up straight, he pushed a foot down onto his chest. Godzilla received a punch to his throat in return, screeching in pain, he lifted his foot and slammed it back down.

Twisting his foot down harder, cracks could be heard coming from Kong's chest. Kong whimpered, weakly trying to push Godzilla's foot off his chest.

Godzilla stopped twisting his foot down, but did not take it off the apes chest. Leaning down, Godzilla screeched in Kong's face. Kong looked stunned for a moment, but roared back at Godzilla.

Pushing his foot down one last time, Kong groaned in pain. Godzilla lifted his foot, and began to walk away. Godzilla heard whimpers of agony behind him as he walked away from the scene.