Chapter Three

Apollo - I am almost eaten for dinner, but like, not really

Ok, Hyacinth was really bossy. He started yelling pirate slang and commands that I didn't understand, and then got angry when I did something wrong.

"Hey! Bucko! Stop being so lily-livered!" Hyacinth randomly yelled at me, fixing his tricorn hat.

"Hey, Old Salt, I don't know what that means?!"

"Do you wanna dance with Jack Ketch?!"

"Who the hell is Jack Ketch???!"

"If you don't shut up, I'll rip 'n burn yur jolly wager, ya savvy?!"

"Um?!"

"Say aye aye, captain!"

"No!?"

"SAY IT OR YOU'LL BE SHARK BAIT, YOU BILGE-SUCKING SCALLYWAG!"

"A-AYE AYE CAPTAIN?!"

"I CAN'T HEARR YOUU!!"

"AAAYE AYE CAPTAIN!!!!!"

"That's like music to my ears. Now, you best be off, landlubber."

I walked away, kind of terrified. I found Lavana sitting alone with the photo that Asia had given us.

"I already miss them."

"Me too, Lavana," I sat down next to her, and placed an arm on her shoulder. "I'm going to miss waking up to Niki's snoring everyday.

She laughed and wiped her eyes, "Remember the day you first got to the orphanage?"

I was a scrawny fourteen year-old, about to start my first day of highschool. And now I was being put in an orphanage with people who I don't know, because my family didn't love me.

"Hi! I'm Lavana. We're friends now."

"Um?"

"You heard me. Now come on, I'll show you to everyone else." She grabbed my arm and dragged me behind her.

She was about two feet taller than me, still is, despite the fact that I have grown to be about 5'11".

She brought me over to a group of three people: two girls, one average height, tan with long light brown hair and blue eyes. She was wearing a pink dress with a floral pattern, and matching light blue heels. The other was slightly shorter, her long, curly brown hair almost reaching her knees. Her eyes seemed to constantly change, ranging from blue, to green, to gray. She was mixed, and freckles splattered her whole face. She wore a black crop top and matching black shorts, an orange and black flannel on top, and black vans. Then there was the third member, a tall and not-so-lanky Spanish guy, with bright blue eyes and curly blond hair. We didn't know how he got these genes, since, well, he was spanish. Last time I checked, blond hair and blue eyes weren't very common spanish genes. He was wearing an overly fancy dress shirt with a knitted sweater vest on top, probably one he still wore now, three years later. His pants were black and khaki, matching his super fancy black dress shoes.

Nicolas wore this everyday, occasionally switching out his favourite gray sweater vest to a brown, or black, or red, or green, or pink, or orange one. But never a yellow one. Nicolas hated yellow. Which made his blond hair one of his least favourite factors.

Lavana introduced me to them, "The dude? that's Nicolas, but we call him niki. Then there's Euphrasia, or, Asia, whatever you want to call her, ecept it's not whatever you want to call her, because if you call her Euphrasia, she might definitely murder you and your friends." she pointed to the girl with the super curly and long hair.