Ishq

"Is larky ka kya karoon mai ? Samajh ti hi nahi ka bari ho gayi hai, kuch saalon mai shadi hona wali hai or abhi bhi iski aisi harkatein hain . " said mrs. Amna ( Afaf's mother). ( What do I do with this girl ? She is about to get married in a few years but still acts like a child.) "Afaf utho warna mai isi belan sa itna marongi ki jis ki koi had nahi." ( Afaf wake up or I will hit you with this rolling pin in my hand )she threatened switching off the AC and fan and opening the curtains. "Ami thori dair please mai uth rahi hoon " ( Mum, I am waking up give me some mins) Afaf said as the sunlight spread its wings in her room. "Aisi harkatein karogi toh tumhara shohar do din mai ghar wapas bhej dega" ( If you will behave like this, your husband will send you back in less than two days.) said Amna begum with sadness in her voice. Afaf blushed at her words and started thinking about Qais but came out of the trance quickly sensing the pain of seperation in her mother's voice. " oh ho ammi (mother) , I am not going today , one whole year is left and besides I can come to you whenever I want, tayi jaan (aunt) lives right beside us."she consoled her mother but her mother just nodded and stood up and said get ready for university and Afaf whined and stood up to freshen up. After taking a shower, She stood in front of the mirror and wondered what should she wear and the morning's conversation with her mother came in her mind and she blushed again and decided to wear a peach anarkali in which her would-be-husband last time praised her. Since, the driver was on leave she was going to go the university with Qais.

At Mrs. Sara's house (Afaf's aunt) :

Ehan was sitting at the dining table waiting for breakfast when his mother came from her room and him "How are you beta ? Do you need anything ?". Ehan looked up from the file he was reading carefully and replied with a smile " No mama, I gave already asked Bi Jaan to bring me breakfast. Where is Qais though ?" " Ohh Qais, Said Sara Begum, he came back from gym so is taking a shower." Ehan nodded in affirmation. Sara Begum was looking at his son with hesitation so Ehan asked her what happened. " Ahh dear, we have already fixed Qais's wedding with Afaf, but Qais is younger than you so you should get married as well now. See this is the time, otherwise you will be left alone." Ehan was about to give his old excuse of work but Sara begum cut him and scolded him "Don't you dare give me that old excuse of work and office" Ehan lifted his hands in surrender ans said as you wish mama, whatever you will decide for me will be the best." Sara Begum smiled at his son and served him the breakfast Bijaan bought.

Qais had changed into formal office wear and came down the stairs and after greeting his mother asked what they were talking about and Sara Begum excitedly told that Ehan had given his consent for marriage and she will start looking girls for him from today itself. Qais smiled at his brother and said congratulations and Ehan just smiled with a bit of red ears indicating he was blushing. Qais saw that and said " oh ho bhai (Brother), blushing, blushing haan ?" At that moment, Afaf entered with a warm smile and greeted and hugged her Tayi Jaan ( aunt) and asked what was going on. Before someone could tell her there one and only sister Eshaal came downstairs and screamed in delight upon seeing Afaf as Eshaal was in America for a short course in Fashion. they both ran towards each other and hugged while Qais smiled at his would-be-wife and Ehan silently said MashAllah looking at Qais and Afaf and quietly spoke in his ears "She is not you wife yet and you can't stop looking at her, you will not even come out of your room after your wedding hmm? " and smirked. Qais recovering from his embarrassment said in his brother's ear:

Hosh Waloon ko kya Khabar

Ishq kya cheez hai

Ishq Kijiye

Phir samjhiye

Zindagi kya cheez hai

Hearing this Ehan laughed out loud and gained everyone's attention. Eshaal, being a curious cat or more like being the nosy self she is asked whats the joke and Ehan said " Whats the point of telling a joker a joke ?" Eshaal said "Yes, but understanding it she shouted at him but Ehan just laughed and left. After Ehan, Afaf and Qais also left as they were getting late.

In the car :

Whenever they sat in the car alone, there was an awkward silence and a blushing Afaf. She always mentally scolded herself for this but was helpless but Qais loved the red hue on her cheeks as it was because of him and just smirked. Afaf mentally prepared herseld to break this awkward silence with "Hows everything at office ?" She looked up towards Qais's side and was shocked. She knew he was handsome as hell but looking at him so closely it was a different feeling. She was already losing her mind to his perfume, her favorite men's perfume, though he didn't know it or maybe he did since once she went in to his room just to spray some of it on her wrist but as soon as she was leaving, he came out of the washroom and caught her. That was the time he used that perfume and since that incident he has been using this perfume. Maybe coincidence or maybe not. She loved that he drove with his one hand and the other was on the arm rest in between the seats, his white shirt was sticking to his body tightly and she could see his well -sculpted body and somewhat abs as well. She looked at his arms and wondered how it would feel to keep her head on his arms and walk in the gardens and - "If you want to gawk at me like that you can come to my office at 3 since its lunch time and I will be free" he said with a huge smirk on his face and Afaf wanted the ground to swallow her up at that moment and if that was not enough he said " By the way I am free for you all the time and if you want we can get the nikkah done earlier so that you can look at me the whole day without anyone's permission or objection." Afaf just ran from the car Qais led out a hearty laugh.

How is the new short story opening ?

Don't forget to vote,comment and share with your friends.

Love

Writer