Iztiraar (Helpless)- Part 2

Adiva was sitting in Sheraz's room and Sheraz's sister Fatima was talking to her. " Adiva bhabhi, I can imagine it being so awkward that you don't know anyone over here since its an arranged marriage but Bhai is very nice, he has always cared for us and mother has always taught Sheraz bhai and Saad to be kind and loving. They have been taught the value of wife and the respect and love she deserves. Sheraz bhai take a bit of time to warm up but I can promise you he will never be unjust with you and if he is behaves wrongly just tell mama and she will teach him a good lesson. Always remember I am there for you no matter what.

Adiva was lost in her thoughts that maybe Fatima and others don't know the reason for this marriage. She wanted to believe that everyone was very nice very kind here but she knew that it was a facade. They were all monsters here. She was still lost in her thoughts when sheraz came in her room. She felt the bed dip but didn't look up towards him. " Assalam-o-alaikum Mrs.Sheraz" he said with a smile but for Adiva it was the cruel smile. He was smiling on her wounds. He was enjoying it. Her heart was breaking in a million pieces with each passing minute. How many times she had imagined herself being called Adiva Ruhaan? It sounded like flowers of spring, like honey , like joyfullness but Adiva Sheraz sounded terrifying, like winter dying flowers, like the smell of burning wood and pain. 

" I know it might be difficult for you to adjust but take your time. If you need anything I am always here. Umm , you can change and I guess we should sleep since you might be tired as well hmm." He stood up and went to change. Slowly,she removed her jewellery and opened her hairs. After Sheraz changed she went and changed as well. She was upset that he slept on the left side as well so she decided to sleep on the right side of the bed while keeping huge distance between them. It had been long since they had lied down but due to change in place she couldn't sleep. She changed her side to turn her face towards him and he was sleeping soundly. A part of her constantly told her that he was innocent and she was blaming him but still it did not change the fact that she loved Ruhaan and he loved her back and it was his father who caused this seperation of her and Ruhaan. 

It was morning and the sun rays on her eyes woke her up. Sheraz had already taken shower and was ready so she quickly got up and went to the washroom to get ready. Since it was her first day, she wore a red anarkali with light make up. When Sheraz came out from the adjacent study in their room, he went to her and said, " You look amazing Jaan." She lowered her eyes and and gave a tight lipped smile.When they went down everybody was ready for breakfast. Her mother-in-law saw her and called her forward and everybody was in awe when they saw her. She looked beautiful.After breakfast, since the walima was tomorrow they were free for today so all the girls sat around her in the living room and asked her what did she get for muh deckhai and after a bit of chit chat and a scold from their mother-in-law the girls allowed Adiva to go to her room. When she entered, Sheraz was sitting on the arm chair and reading a book. She loved reading books and was called "Book Worm". Turns out, he was reading the book she read recently, "Warcross" so she sat on the sofa beside him and lightly whispered "Sheraz", had she not been sitting close to him he would have never realized she called him. 

Sheraz closed the book he was reading, and turned to face her. He didn't let it show to his face but he loved the way she said her name. It was the first time she had called him or even talked to him. She directly said what she wanted to. " My university is starting from this Sunday so I want to join it again and complete my degree." Sheraz smiled, " Its a very nice idea but I was hoping if we could go out somewhere and et to know each other a bit and regarding the studies you will miss, I can help you with those since I have the same degree as well." Adiva didn't want to say no but she wanted to see Ruhaan, she knew he was broken like her and they both need to get rid of this problem. She stood up leaving Sheraz to himself and went in the balcony and sat on the chair there and wondered life was so perfect, her parents had agreed and she was going to get married to the love of her life after her semester and what has happened now. A lone tear escaped her eye.

Sheraz was looking at her from his arm chair and went to her when he saw the tears to ask if she was fine. When he asked her, she opened her eyes and said in  rude and harsh tone, " I am fine, the one who harms cannot heal, leave me on my own." and went to outside the room. She saw Fatima in her room and decided to clear her mind a bit. Sheraz came outside to see where did she go and if she was fine but decided not to disturb her when he saw her with fatima. She was smiling while talking to her. She was nice to everyone then why was she so uptight with him. Had he done something to upset her ? he wondered what to do.