💫Chapter 4💫

Senku's P.O.V

I immediately knew that his mom is abusing him and why the house is a mess. He was terrified, and I didn't know what to do. 'He must be terrified by his mother.. What should I do..!'

"Hey... It's your mom right?" I said to him calmy

He looked at me like he was about cry. For some reason, my chest hurts like it was shattered to pieces.

"Y-yes... B-but...She wasn't s-supposed to be h-home at M-monday..!" He said while shaking

I stood closer to him to calm him down a bit. I was thinking of a plan so that he won't be abused by his mother. There were sounds outside the door, and it's getting louder and louder.

I looked at Gen and held both of his shoulders. "Gen I have a plan. Do you trust me?" I said to him with a serious face.

He looks at me and nods slowly "it's not like I have a choice..."

"Okay, we'll just stand here and wait for her to come in. Leave the rest to me." I said to him

"Huh?? You're kidding right..?" He said to me with a nervous smile.

"Nope. Just trust me" I said to him, smiling.

The door was shaking. I heard a key sound, and I was getting ready.

Bam!

The door was opened, and I saw a woman with long black hair and messy clothes in front of the door. She looked angry the moment she stepped in, and Gen is shaking even more every second.

The woman looked at both of us. "Gen... Who is this?" She said to Gen with a terrifying smile.

Gen looked at her shaking. "T-this i-is my f-friend."

She looked at me. "Hm? Didn't I tell you, not to bring your friends here?"

Gen just looked down and didn't say anything.

"Why aren't you answering? That's no good.. We need to talk. Come with me."

Her creepy smile was fading, turning into a frown. I didn't move or say anything. Gen was on the verge of tears, and it really hurts me, but I gotta stay still.

His mother stood up straight, and she was gonna grab his hand, but I block her.

"What are you doing? Move" She said to me with a stern voice

I looked up at her and said, "Sorry, but I'm not gonna let you touch him. I know you abuse him."

"What? Gen.. How dare YOU?!?!" She was furious, and she yelled at Gen.

Gen was just standing there shaking and not able to say a thing. She was about to punch him, but I pull him and hold him tight in my arms. Gen looked at me with tears in his eyes, and he holds on to me.

"WHY YOU LITTLE!! COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" She said, yelling at us

I walk a little to the right, and I whisper to Gen. "Gen I need you to run through that door" I said to him quietly. "But what about you..?" He replied

"I'll distract her. You escape" I said to him. "I can't do that!" He replied

"HEY!"

I let loose my grip and cover Gen "Now!" I push him to the door, and he ran out crying. I was relieved, but his mom was furious, and she grabbed a glass bottle and tried to throw it at me. But luckily, I dodge it.

She didn't give up and keep throwing things at me. I, the not-so-athletic one, somehow dodge all of them. It was strange to me, but whatever.

"THAT'S IT! I HAVE ENOUGH OF YOU BRAT!" She took a glass piece, and she throws it at me. I didn't realize sooner, and I didn't dodge it quickly enough.