Chapter 3

Makenzie unlocked the door to our dorm and we fell in with all our stuff. I know I pack to much and most the time I end up throwing or giving away a lot of it.

"Damn girl what did you eat?" Kenzie joked as I got off of her.

"Haha very funny."

She laughed a little then started moving her stuff to her bed.

"Why do we pack so much every time we come? When we know we don't need half of it?" She asked

"I don't know. We are weird people"

"Agreed." she said and started unpacking

I did the same putting my clothes in the little closet. I had my shoes in a drawer under my bed along with my hair supplies, socks, and underwear with women's essentials.

Then I go to my shelf and I start putting up my magazines with One Direction on them on there, along with my merchandise and some random school books.

I move to my desk next and place my purple lamp on it along with my laptop and school supplies.

I made my bed with my blue, red, and purple blankets, then added some random zebra printed and neon pillows.

I went to my small table and set my phone and radio on there along with my CDs. I also put down a neon rainbow colored zebra print rug on the floor.

There all done. I smiled then turned and looked at Makenzie's side. It was not bad but mine was better. Just kidding hers was amazing.

Her side was decorated with the theme of blue and green. It was beautiful. Her bed had green and blue blankets with an accent of teal.

Her desk had clear jars with blue and green ribbons on it teal marbles inside to help the pencils and pens stand up.

Her lamp was green and she also had a window in front of her desk with blue curtains. Kenzie had also laid down a rug but it was teal. Her color scheme was a bit excessive but it looked fabulous.

"Well I'm done competing with you. Your side looks way better than mine" I complained. She just looked at me and laughed.

"No your side is amazing just like mine. It's very what's the word umm... bright ya."

I just looked at her and finally said "Whatever I'm going to get some food from the store you coming?"

"Sure."

We walked out and locked the door. We walked down multiple stairs because my school apparently doesn't think it is necessary to have an elevator.

We finally reached the bottom and went to the car. We got in and drove off.

I turned on the radio and we just sat there in silence.

"So you want to tell me what happened over the break?" Kenzie asked breaking the silence

She turned to look at me then turned back at the road. "Well..." I began then looked at my hands. "My older brother died over the break."

She turned to me with her mouth wide open "Oh my god why didn't you tell me?!" she asked

"Well I just couldn't get the nerve to call you since I know you kinda had this huge crush on him and all. Don't be mad I really did want to call you." I respond with my eyes tearing up and my mind filling with flashbacks.

"It's fine girl. I'm glad you did tell me though. I'm so sorry about him. I would hug you right now but I'm driving" she said giving me a small smile.

"Thank you for understanding. This right here is why we are best friends."

"Ya... but if you don't mind me asking what happened?"

"Well you might not want to hear this but it was suicide." I said tears escaping from my eyes

"Oh my god!" She says also tearing up bring her hand to cover her mouth "Are you okay did you see anything?"

"Actually I saw everything and I was the one to call the ambulance."

"No way I-" She couldn't finish her sentence before all of a sudden a big bus pulled in front of us and we crashed.

What the fuck?!