𝙻𝚒𝚎 [𝟸𝚢𝚎𝚘𝚗]²

~~

"I'm sorry..."

Nayeon couldn't help her tears as it continuously flowed down her cheeks as soon as she blurted out those two words.

Jeongyeon on the other hand was confused on why her girlfriend was crying and apologizing.

As far as she could remember, they're good.

They didn't have a fight or misunderstanding.

Yet why is she apologizing?

They were at Jeongyeon's house's porch.

Jeongyeon was supposed to fetch her girlfriend but Nayeon was quicker and had come to her house first instead.

At first Jeongyeon thought that Nayeon just wanted to surprise her and nag her again, so she mustered the most genuine smile she could ever show and greet her.

But Nayeon's actions made it fade away.

"What for? Why are you apologizing?"

She tried reaching out her hand to wipe the older's tears but the latter only stepped back, hanging her head low as she sobbed.

"Nay, what's wrong? Why are you—"

"Let's end this."

It was as if thousands of knives had stabbed Jeongyeon right there and then as she heard Nayeon said those words she least expected for her to say.

"W-What? Come on, Nay, is this a prank? April fools had already passed, it's already Octo—"

"Do I look like I'm joking, Jeongyeon?"

By the time Nayeon managed to make eye contact with her was all it took before she finally let her tears flow down her cheeks.

Tears that she didn't knew she'd been holding back for so long now.

"W-What's happening to you, Nayeon? The last time I checked, we're good. We were happy just yesterday before we part ways. What happened?!"

"I fell out of love."

"That fast?! We were together yesterday!"

"And everything I showed you was all a lie."

She refused.

She refuses to believe that her girlfriend is saying those in front of her right now.

She refuses to believe that this is real.

And that it's all just a dream, a nightmare.

A nightmare she needed to wake up on.

To escape of and go back to the real world.

To where Her and Nayeon are still together.

"Let's end this now, Jeong—"

"Why."

She held Nayeon's wrist to prevent the older from going away, still refusing to believe what Nayeon was saying.

"I fell out of love, I don't love you anymore!"

"Was I not enough? Was I too much? Did I do something wrong?! Tell me! Tell me so I could change it and make it right!"

"It wasn't you, Jeong. It was me."

Nayeon forcefully swat Jeongyeon's grip on her wrist as she attempted to step back yet before she could even move an inch, the younger had once again caught her wrist.

"Then for the last time, do me a favor."

Nayeon looked at her wrist being gripped by Jeongyeon before looking at the younger, slowly nodding.

"Look at me straight in the eyes and tell me that I wasn't enough, because I'm already tired of all the lies I kept on telling myself."

Jeongyeon's statement made Nayeon's heart shatter into thousand pieces.

Why is she asking that kind of favor?

She didn't want this.

But why are they here right now?

She loves Jeongyeon, so much.

She was already everything she could ask for.

Yet here she is, breaking the love of her life's heart at the same time her's.

If she had another choice, then they wouldn't be here where their hearts are breaking.

They should've been cuddling, talking about random things and occassionally nagging each other.

But fate played hard with them.

She had no choice but to do this.

"Tell me, Nayeon."

Jeongyeon's monotonous voice brought her back in trance as she felt the younger's index finger on her chin, forcing her to do eye contact with her.

By that time, sadness was the only thing written on Jeongyeon's eyes despite the straight face she had plastered.

She badly wants Nayeon to say otherwise.

That she was already enough and was all the girl could ask for.

Yet the older's next words had all her walls that she had put up finally broken.

"You weren't enough, Jeong."

A bitter chuckle came out from Jeongyeon's mouth as she finally let go of Nayeon's wrist.

"Since you told me that, I want to tell you something as well, just wanna make things fair."

Not breaking their eye contact, Jeongyeon blurted out the words that made Nayeon's heart shatter even more than it already was.

"Of all the lies I've ever heard? You and I was the best from all of them."

•••

< short angsty chapter of 2yeon ㅠㅠ did someone cry? ㅋㅋㅋ >

Stay safe and Love lots!!