Chapter 2: A Full Day With Him

The next morning, Ariana woke up, rising from the bed with her eyes still closed. “I just had the weirdest dream… I dreamt that I was the Prime Minister’s daughter and I had a personal bodyguard that’ll watch over me, and that bodyguard was an ex pop-star… Funny, right?” Ariana asked herself and opened her eyes. She saw her surroundings, she realized it wasn’t a dream. “Well I’ll be damned…” Ariana said. “I see you’re awake.” Ariana said. “Holy sh-! Uh… Good morning Katsuragi.” Ariana said. “Good morning, Miss Hanasaki.” Katsuragi said. “Where’s Mizuki?” Ariana asked. “I’ve relieved his post.” Katsuragi said. “I see.” Ariana said. “He’s showering at the moment.” Katsuragi said. She blushed at the fantasy, and felt relieved that he was still here. “Miss Hanasaki, your face is a little red, are things between you and Mizuki going well?” Katsuragi asked. “Uh huh…” Ariana said with a shaky voice. “That’s good. When you’ve gotten ready, we’ll go to the Prime Minister’s office.” Katsuragi said. “Alright.” Ariana said.

         After getting ready, Katsuragi lead Ariana into the Prime Minister’s office. “Good morning, Ariana. I heard about what happened last night.” Hiraizumi said. “It was kind of crazy, but Mizuki was there to protect me.” Ariana said. “He is a professional after all. I heard that it was only gang members that wanted their leader out of prison.” Hiraizumi said. “Again with that? But… Does that mean they’ll attack me again?” Ariana asked. “No, you don’t need to worry about that, those were the only gang members.” Hiraizumi said. “That is one small gang.” Ariana said. “Even so, even a few people can cause damage to society.” Hiraizumi said. “True… They had weapons, and we had… Nothing.” Ariana said. “Don’t worry, Miss Hanasaki. No one else should be able to identify you now.” Katsuragi said. “So that means… I can go home?” Ariana asked. “Yes.” Katsuragi answered. “Alright.” Ariana said. “I would like for you to stay a little longer, but I know that you have your own life to live. However, would you have time for at least once a week?” Hiraizumi asked. “Of course dad!” Ariana said.

        After that conversation, Ariana went back to her room to pack up everything she brought. “Do you have everything?” Mizuki asked. “I do, and thank you for saving me. It was a fun experience nonetheless.” Ariana said. “It’s my job, you don’t need to thank me.” Mizuki said. “True, but still…” Ariana said. “You have to go to class now?” Mizuki asked. “Yeah. Well… See you later.” Ariana said and went out the room.

         After going back to her house and settling her stuff, she headed her way to college. “It’s refreshing to have my own life back!” Ariana said. Suddenly, she heard rustles in the bushes. “God damn it!” Ariana said and made a run for it.

        She ran all the way to her college, and stopped by a tree, leaning on it, panting. “Please tell me I lost them.” Ariana said. “What are you talking about?” Mizuki asked. “Oh fu-!” Ariana screamed. “What?!” Mizuki asked. “What do you mean what?! I should be asking you what!” Ariana said. “I was only following behind you.” Mizuki said. “Why..?” Ariana asked. “Prime Minister Hiraizumi wanted me to be sure that you were safe, and wants me to continue being your bodyguard.” Mizuki said. “Oh… But don’t do that again! That scared the crap out of me!” Ariana said. “Sorry, but you should’ve seen your reaction. You looked like a lioness.” Mizuki said. “A what now?!” Ariana asked. “A lioness. I’ve seen one at the zoo before. Did you know that I thought that polar bears were white?” Mizuki asked. “Uh huh-“ Ariana said. “But they’re actually a light gray! I really love going to the zoo. Also did you know that zebra stripes are-” Mizuki said. “Mizuki Fujisaki! Shut the front door!” Ariana said. “Sorry, I got carried away. Wait… What does that mean?” Mizuki asked. “Uh… It’s a phrase.” Ariana said and rubbed the back of her head. “Alright… But anyways… I’ll still be with you until we’re sure that this is really over.” Mizuki said. “Yes! That’s great!” Ariana said. “I didn’t think you would be so happy about this.” Mizuki said. “Well… I don’t know.” Ariana said. “But I think it’s great too! I get to work with you again.” Mizuki said. All Ariana could do was smiled and nodded and try not to faint of happiness. “You know, I never got to go to school. You’re in college now, right?” Mizuki asked. “Yeah.” Ariana answered. “Can I come to class with you?” Mizuki asked. “Yeah, of course you can! At least you look like you can blend right into the crowd.” Ariana said. “That’s great.” Mizuki said. “You do look like a student that goes here, so this could work. I can show you around if you like.” Ariana said. “Really? This is going to be so much fun!” Mizuki said. “Glad you’re excited.” Ariana said.