Chapter 7: Proposal

It’s been nearly a year and a half since Ariana and Mizuki started dating. Ariana was in the bodyguard room with the guys. “Mizuki, you are assigned to escort the Prime Minister at his meeting.” Katsuragi said. “Sir, Ariana has practice today.” Mizuki said. “The Prime Minister requested you to do this, so you cannot back down.” Katsuragi said. “Yes, sir.” Mizuki said. “It’s alright, Mizuki. It’s just for one day.” Ariana said. “Miss Hanasaki, your substitute bodyguard will be Sora.” Katsuragi said. “Oh… Is there not anyone else that’s available?” Ariana asked. “Unfortunately not.” Katsuragi said. “What’s wrong with me, Ariana?” Sora asked. “Nothing.” Ariana answered. “Don’t do anything funny, Sora.” Mizuki said. “I won’t! I promise!” Sora said. “You better keep your word.” Mizuki said. “Let’s go, Mizuki.” Katsuragi said. “Yes, sir.” Mizuki said and walked out of the room with Katsuragi. “What do you have to do today, Ariana?” Sora asked. “Let’s see… I have practice and I was going to have lunch with a friend.” Ariana said. “That sounds fun! It looks like a job for Sorako!” Sora said. “I thought you didn’t like to dress up as a girl?” Ariana asked. “I don’t, but if it’s for you. I’ll gladly do it.” Sora said. “Don’t I feel special.” Ariana said. “Oi, Ariana.” Kaiji said coming over. “What. Kaiji?” Ariana asked. He got her in a half nelson, and was giving her a noogie. “Ow! Stop! Just how old are you?!” Ariana exclaimed. He stopped and gave a small laugh. “I used to give you those a lot, did you already forget with that empty head of yours?” Kaiji asked. “Swear to god, Kaiji… You’re not my upperclassman anymore. Just for that…” Ariana said putting a finger in her mouth. She stuck her finger in his ear. “Ah! You hypocrite!” Kaiji said. “That’s what you get, son!” Ariana said. “Quit fooling around. Don’t you have to go somewhere?” Subaru asked. “Right. I should probably go.” Ariana said. “I’m ready when you are.” Sora said.

         Sora got into disguise, and drove Ariana to her college. “I just have to say this, you look so fabulous!” Ariana said. “Thanks, I guess…” Sora said. “Sorry, I know you don’t like doing this, but I can’t help myself.” Ariana said. “Ariana…” Sora said. “Sorry. Let’s go, shall we?” Ariana said getting out of the car, and walking into a building with Sora following her.         

        After changing into costume, Ariana went into a rehearsal room to practice with her fellow acapella group. “It’s Hawaiian themed?” Sora asked. “Yeah, we need to get the basic steps and we’re also learning a Hawaiian piece. I got this down.” Ariana said. “You like the culture?” Sora asked. “I love it! My mom was half Hawaiian, so it’s in my blood.” Ariana said. “Whoa! I was thinking that you weren’t full Japanese, but to think you’re that…” Sora said in awe. “Ariana! Practice is about to start!” A member said. “Coming!” Ariana said. “Oh? Is she a new member?” Another member asked. “Oh, no… She’s just a friend that’s watching.” Ariana said. “Why doesn’t she join us?” One member asked. “What?!” Ariana and Sora exclaimed together. After getting convinced by the members, Sora was dressed up for the rehearsal. “Sorry…” Ariana whispered. “It’s ok.” Sora whispered back.

         After rehearsal was over, they were heading back to the car. “That was fun.” Sora said. “You looked so pretty in a Hawaiian get up. I’m jealous.” Ariana said. “That again…” Sora said. “Sorry…” Ariana said covering her mouth. “Anyways… Where are you meeting your friend?” Sora asked. “At the steakhouse over at Main Street.” Ariana said. “Well, alright. Let’s go.” Sora said. Both of them got into the car, driving to their next destination.

         They went into a huge restaurant that had the aroma of meat. “I’m here for Mei Nanami.” Ariana said. The hostess showed Ariana to the table where Mei was sitting. “Ariana! Glad you could make it!” Mei said. “Thank you for inviting me.” Ariana said. “Oh? Who’s this?” Mei asked. “This is…” Ariana said. “Sorako. Nice to meet you, Mei.” Sora said. “Likewise.” Mei said. “She’s my… Cousin and I’m showing her around for the day.” Ariana said. “That’s nice. I promise, Sorako, that we’ll try our best not to exclude you from our conversation.” Mei said. “Don’t mind me, I’ll be alright.” Sora said. “You can order whatever you like, it’s my treat.” Mei said. “Are you sure? I can pay for my meal.” Ariana said. “It’s fine. It’s to make up for… The incident.” Mei said. “Mei…” Ariana said. “Please, it’s the least I can do.” Mei said. Ariana sighed in response. “Alright.”