Chapter 6: Unconditional Love

There were a lot of vehicles and siren noises, and the police were arresting all the members of the Narcotic Clan. Ariana gave out a relieved sigh. “I’m so glad that’s over.” Ariana said. “Oi, Ariana. Go find Mizuki, I’m sure he has to tell you something.” Kaiji said and patted Ariana’s shoulder. "What are you? A wingman or something?" Ariana asked. He flicked her forehead. "Ow! Mean!" "Just turn around." Kaiji said walking away. She looked over to Mizuki who was smiling down on her. She couldn’t fight back the tears she’s been holding in, and let it out. “Ariana, you were so strong back there. I’m sorry that I made you go through all that.” Mizuki said. “What are you talking about? It takes more than that to bring me down.” Ariana said. “But you’re crying.” Mizuki said. “I’m just glad it’s over.” Ariana said with her shoulders shaking.

        Within seconds, Mizuki pulls her into a hug and squeezes her tight. “You can let it all out now.” Mizuki said. All of her tears came pouring out, and she buried her face in his chest, sobbing really hard. “I was so worried that I would lose you, before I got to tell you… I haven’t really been honest with you. There’s something I really have to say.” Ariana said. “Ariana! You don’t have to say it!” Mizuki said. “What..?” Ariana asked. “I’m the man! I should be telling you first.” Mizuki said blushing. “Wait what?!” Ariana asked. “Ariana… I love you. I adore you. I’ve never felt love for anyone like I feel it for you.” Mizuki said. “You said… You… Ha…” Ariana said feeling herself falling down. “Ariana!” Mizuki said catching her in his arms. “Mizuki… I love you too. I really love you.” Ariana said and hugged him with all her strength. “You two are so cute! I wish this could happen to me!” Sora said. “Mizuki, Miss Hanasaki is safe, and that is what is most important.” Katsuragi said. “He looks pissed off…” Ariana thought. “Chief, I’m very sorry.” Mizuki said. “Don’t apologize to me! You should be apologizing to Miss Hanasaki! She’s the one who suffered!” Katsuragi said. “Yes… Ariana, I’m very sorry.” Mizuki said. “No! Don’t be sorry! If it wasn’t for you, I would be dead.” Ariana said. “But still… I failed as a bodyguard.” Mizuki said. “That’s enough. We’ll discuss this back at the station.” Katsuragi said. “Uh oh…” Ariana mouthed. “Anyways, we’re not finished here. Mizuki, take Miss Hanasaki into one of the huts. We need to confirm that the area is secure.” Katsuragi said. “Yes, sir. Come on, Ariana.” Mizuki said.

        All the other bodyguards went to investigate, and Mizuki brought her in a hut. Ariana looked out the window, and saw Momori getting searched. “I wonder how Mei is going to take this…” Ariana said. “Oh? Isn’t she your friend from college?” Mizuki asked. “Yeah, you remembered. We’ve known each other since grade school, and she’s always been my best friend. She was the one speck of light that kept me going. That’s her brother over there… He seemed like such a nice guy, but to think he was involved in all of this… I just want to be there for her when she hears the news.” Ariana said. “You’re a good friend, Ariana. She is very lucky to have you as a best friend.” Mizuki said. “Thank you.” Ariana said.

        Suddenly, one of the members comes bursting in the room, and Mizuki instantly moved in front of Ariana. “What are you doing here?” Mizuki asked. “I’m here to make a deal.” He said. “Sora! Cut it out!” Mizuki said. He took out the disguise and laughed. “Oh, I’m sorry. Did I scare you?” Sora asked. “Do you ever take anything seriously?” Mizuki asked. Ariana busted out laughed. “You’re awesome, dude! High five!” Ariana said raising her hand. “Yeah!” Sora said and they high fived each other. “You too, Ariana?!” Mizuki asked. “It was funny nonetheless.” Ariana said. “I was only testing Mizuki, I thought he was a scardy cat. I was wrong.” Sora said. “Why would he be? He’s older than you and a little more… Mature.” Ariana said. “Wrong. I’m the one who’s older than him.” Sora said. “What??!! Seriously?! Holy sh… Mindblown.” Ariana said. “Why were you testing me?” Mizuki asked. “I was the one who saved her first, but then you steal her from me!” Sora said. “You’re calling Mizuki Mr. Steal your Girl? Oh my god!” Ariana said and busted out laughing again. “Ariana chose me! I’m not letting you have her. Go find your own girl, this one is mine!” Mizuki said. “Maybe I can… Date you both.” Ariana said and raised her eyebrows seductively. “What?!” Mizuki exclaimed. She was snickering uncontrollably and clapping her hands. “Can’t you take a joke? I was only joking! I don’t mean anything by it.” Ariana said trying to contain her laughter. “I’m starting to think you’re a pervert.” Mizuki said. “Oh, you have no idea..." Ariana mumbled. "What did you say?" Mizuki asked. "I said... I'm not." Ariana answered. “As if I would break up a happy couple! You two are perfect for each other." Sora responded.