Chapter 3: Two Pasts Collide

He led her to an unfamiliar building. “This isn’t my apartment.” Ariana said. “I know, it’s mine.” Mizuki said. “I thought we were going to mine?” Ariana asked. “That was the plan, but we had to run away from those suspicious people.” Mizuki said. “That makes sense.” Ariana said. “Oh thank god! He won’t get to see the fangirl side of me.” Ariana thought.

He let her into his apartment, and it was almost empty looking. “This is like… Where you live?” Ariana asked. “Yeah, I only come back here to sleep though. So as you can see, I don’t have much here. I live here by myself.” Mizuki said. “That makes sense also.” Ariana said. “I think it’s relaxing like this. I get tired of being around people all the time.” Mizuki said. “I know that feeling.” Ariana said. “I didn’t think I’d be bringing you here or I would’ve spruced the place up.” Mizuki said. “Aww thanks.” Ariana said. “Oh… It looks like you spilt your frozen yogurt on yourself when you were trying to run.” Mizuki said. “Wha..?” Ariana asked and looked down. A huge mess was all over her top and pants. “How the hell did I not notice this earlier?” “I have some spare clothes in the closet. You can pick whatever you want, and you can put your clothes in the washer.” Mizuki said. “Alright.” Ariana answered. “Would you some tea?” Mizuki asked. “Oh, sure. What kind do you have?” Ariana asked. “Strawberry, Jasmine, Green Tea…” Mizuki said trying to think. “I would like green tea please.” Ariana said. “Ok, coming right up.” Mizuki said. “You sound like a waiter. It’s kind of weird hearing that from you.” Ariana said snickering. “You think so? I think you’re pretty weird yourself.” Mizuki said. “You couldn’t have been more right.” Ariana said. “Did you pick out something to wear?” Mizuki asked. “Yeah, I found this pair of pajamas. Can I wear this?” Ariana asked. “Of course. Whatever makes you comfortable.” Mizuki said. “Thank you. Can I also take a shower?” Ariana asked. “Of course you can.” Mizuki said. “Alright, I’ll see you when I get out.” Ariana said and looked in the hallway. “Uh… Where’s your bathroom?” Ariana asked. “Down the hall to you left.” Mizuki said. “Oh… Thanks, and where’s the washer?.” Ariana asked. “It’s just across from the bathroom. You can just put your clothes in, and I’ll start it.” Mizuki said. “Alright, thanks.” Ariana said and went in the hallway.

After taking a refreshing shower, she came out wearing the borrowed pajamas, and was drying her hair with a towel. “Ah… I needed that. Ok, your turn Mizuki!” Ariana said. “Oh… I can’t take one now.” Mizuki said. “Is it because you need someone to take over?” Ariana asked. “Exactly. I should be ready to defend you anytime.” Mizuki said. “You can least take a shower. It won’t take too long. Besides, I’ll be just fine. Like I mentioned before, I know self-defense, or if something unexpected happens, I’ll scream loudly.” Ariana said. “Ok… I’ll only be five minutes.” Mizuki said. “You can go longer than that!” Ariana said. “Ok, I’ll leave the door open just a little, and then I can jump straight out if you need me.” Mizuki said. “Oh god! But then… You’ll be n-n-naked.” Ariana said blushing. “You’ve gotten all red. Are you imagining it now?” Mizuki asked. “I am still pure minded thank you very much! Now just get in the dang shower!” Ariana said. “Haha! Ok! Ok! And your tea is on the counter.” Mizuki said and went into the bathroom.

She got her tea, sat on the sofa, and gave out a relieved sigh. “Oi… My heart can’t take this much.” Ariana said and dug through her school bag. She got out another volume of her favorite manga series, and began reading it while drinking her tea. Minutes have passed, and she was on the verge of tears. “This is not ok! What the hell!” Ariana screamed at the manga. “Who are you talking to?” Mizuki asked coming out of the bathroom. She quickly put away her manga back in her bag. “Nothing!” Ariana said shifting her eyes. “Ok… Well you can use the sofa as a bed, and don’t get any perverted thoughts like last time.” Mizuki said. “You think I do such things?!” Ariana exclaimed. He shrugged and she sighed. “Anyways… Where would you sleep?” Ariana asked. “I’ll sleep on the floor.” Mizuki said. “You don’t have a futon? You’re going to be sore in the morning.” Ariana said. “I have a rug I can sleep on. I’m used to sleeping anywhere from my previous job.” Mizuki said. “That makes sense, and are you going to stay up until I fall asleep?” Ariana asked. “Yes.” Mizuki answered. “About that…” Ariana said. “Does it bother you? I can lie down as well.” Mizuki said. “That would be better.” Ariana said.