The Call

Day: Sunday; Timings: 6 PM; Place: LB's House 

Bora POV

 We had come home after an exhausting day. I opened my phone and started browsing through the internet. I saw the official statement released announcing our hiatus. Adding to the previous articles about our adoption now they were also there on our 'Rest' we were taking. I was reading an article titled' LIGHTERS on vacation for the first time after 5 years of debut'. The article mentioned we are not going to have any contact with the media or our fans for the upcoming months. I was happy with the announcement but was sad with the situation we were taking leave in. 

 I saw LB entering the kitchen with a dull face. He was taking beer out of the fridge when I went to him and said "I know nothing is going comfort you. But it is important to know that letting your guilt turn into passion in making things better is more important than letting it turn into grief." I wanted him to get better and fight rather than grieving about it. In the middle of our conversation, LB received a call from an unknown number. The husky voice that he had probably got after using a voice changer made us realize that it was the kidnapper. 

He started with "I am not calling you for money. I have enough of it with me. Even though I am the father I don't care about these kids. Nothing is going to happen to the kids though. I just want to meet you. I will hand over your children after we meet." We both glanced at each other.  "But we are not going to meet so easily. You have to pass few tests and get a taste of some painful memories before I let you meet me. Be ready for the next call". We were struck with reality more after the call. We did not know how to react but made sure that we were prepared for anything coming towards us.