Ch15. Rage

Nia POV

"Help!" was the only word I could yell out my mouth right now. I was by myself with a giant growling wolf that had his sights locked on me and there was no way I saw myself making it out of this situation.

"Nia, run!", I heard Jesse yelling as he ran out of the hall towards us while taking off his jacket before jumping between us shifting into his brown wolf that took a charging stance against Travis while growling at him but it was obvious that he was no match for the Alpha by himself. Soon more guys came running out shifting into their wolves while surrounding Travis who was still growling with open jaws ready to bite into the first one that would dare challenge him.

Then suddenly at once, they all jumped on him at once, biting his legs, ears, and neck hoping to overpower him but it was useless. One by one he threw them off with ease like he was supercharged with some godlike strength that none of the others had. Then I remembered when Stacy told me that the only other wolf in the pack that could match Travis's strength was Garrett but he was nowhere in sight. You'd think he would be one of the first to handle a situation like this, instead of leaving it to regular wolves, especially when it involved his brother, who right now was starting to attack the warriors by grabbing and tossing them aside.

I was so caught up in what was happening in front of me until I heard Stacy's panicked voice call out to me as I turned to see her running in my direction to grab my hand and pull me up off the snowy ground.

"What's wrong with him?, we were just having drinks then all of a sudden he started having a bad reaction and then he turned into this!", I cried with tears now forming in my eyes.

"Nia, I don't know what's wrong with him, but you must get out of here before it gets worse", she said leading me away as two guys came running past us from the main house holding what looked like a couple of shotguns.

"Oh No! they're going to kill him!", I said before stopping in my tracks and going back in the direction of the danger.

Of course, this was a dangerous situation with a rogue wolf that was starting to attack his pack but that wolf was my mate and with the little bond that we both had already formed, I felt compelled to somehow see if I could help. All I wanted was for Travis to regain control of his beast before he did something worse, like killing someone.

I ran back towards the fight and with the last bit of strength in my voice I yelled out "Travis!", hoping it would snap him out of this beastly rage he was in, and at right after the words had left my mouth, his wolf suddenly stopped and looked in my direction with a confused and curious stare but that quickly went away when he started barring his teeth again with a deep snarl before he took off charging towards me. I didn't know what to do now, I thought that somehow I, his mate would be able to bring him back but I guess he was too far gone.

I was frozen in place with fear unable to move until I heard the first gunshot go off, then followed by another. The first shot hit him in the shoulder while the other hit his back leg making him let out a loud painful howl before collapsing into the deep snow. I thought that at least now they got him to stop until he stood back up on shaky legs letting out a threatening growl before turning and taking off into the dark winter woods, leaving us all there in shock at what just happened.

*Later on that night*

After Travis took off into the woods, some of the pack members that were shaken up by the ordeal decided to go home while others were debating on whether or not to follow him. They ended up deciding to just place some wolves on guard duty around the homes in case he came back still posing a danger to the pack.

When I got back home, I just went straight to bed, still not fully able to grasp what happened. I had indeed developed deeper feelings for Travis and felt more closer to him than I had before but his wolf was something very different.

Such a wild powerful beast that I'm surprised he was able to keep under control around me for this long. I know that sometimes animals can have reactions to sudden changes in their environment, particularly different sights, objects, and also other animals but he only reacted after we both had taken a sip of our wine, which led me to believe that there was probably something in the wine that sparked his reaction.

I just laid there slowly drifting off to sleep when I heard the loudest howl ever come from the woods and I knew instantly who it was. To some that would be just another beast out in the woods but to me it was my mate and I was going to do everything I could to help him get through this. I just hoped that his beast would understand and let me be able to reach him so I could do just that.