Road Trip

"Road Trip!!" Geraldine cheered as she put a traveling box into the car trunk. "This is gonna be so awesome. We're gonna catch a bad guy."

"He's not technically a bad guy," Freya said dryly as she munched on a Sneakers bar.

"You don't know that." She shot at her as she turned on the ignition.

"Remember", Freya said as she got in and put on her seatbelt, "You can't turn back once we hit the road."

"You're talking like I'm a quitter."

Freya chuckled, "It's not wrong to have high hopes. What about your mum and dad?"

"I left a note."

"Saying?"

"A foodie convention."

"Hmm... that just might work."

"Alrighty then. Oberlin, here we come."

***

An empty wine bottle on the floor; dewaxed candles on the shelves; clothes on the chair; clothes on the floor; clothes on the fan?!... How'd that get there? The air carried a heavy mark of the candles from the previous night. Heavy with the scent and aura of the forbidden. Taking a breath brings back memories...

Philip smiled to himself and closed the journal. His wife had a habit of writing about all their romantic endeavors. Pretty corny and risky, he thought, but cute too. He quickly slid it into her bag when he heard the sound of the bathroom door. He feigned sleep as she walked into the room. No, she didn't know he knew about her 'secret' journals (She had many others). Walking up to his bedside she bent to his face, stroking his chin. He puckered up his lips.

She laughed, "So you're awake."

"I was dreaming about being woken up like Sleeping Beauty," he said with closed eyes.

"I think Sleeping Beauty was more feminine."

"That's not the version I heard."

She laughed again, "So what?"

"Come on", he said puckering them up more, "Play your part."

She laughed even more still, "You are insane."

- - -

"I really enjoyed yesterday," Dera said smiling as they walked into the house. "I really wish we could have more time like that."

"I'll see how I can slip that into my schedule." Giving her a quick peck he walked towards their room.

She placed her bag on the kitchen counter and poured herself a glass of milk. Sipping it, she ruminated over the previous day's event, blushing to herself. Memories flashed through her mind as she thought of how far they had come. She had met him by accident when he visited the company where she interned. He was the company's new partner and so they saw each other quite frequently. Back and forth they played with each other; both giving signs and still denying it. She laughed as she remembered how she had fought for him in public, landing herself a spot in Celebrity Gossip shows and Instagram memes. That was more than enough to send her packing for her homeland and just enough to make him pop the question. She smiled again, the violent taketh it by force, she thought as she downed the rest of the milk.

"Looks like I just got an opening in my schedule," Philip said walking into the kitchen.

"Really?" She asked greatly surprised. He waved the sequin-designed note at her.