It's All Over

"........and then you guys came along about thirty minutes later or thereabout."

The police officer looked at me like he had just noticed my presence. He had that "You're kidding,right?" look on his face. Not a professional look but still acceptable for a rookie. I guess he had just heard the most amazing case-story of his life.

"You said he called you Princess."
Was that a statement or a question? I wasn't sure.

"Yes, he did."

"And you think it's not just a mere coincidence."
Again with the question-statement tone.

"Yeah."

"And why's that?"

"Well no one really knows about my Mum's African history. She secluded it from the public 'cause my dad said it would be a lot safer. I don't really know the whole stuff myself or why it's like that."

"You do know that your parents are very rich and influential people in the country. So it wouldn't be all too surprising if someone dug out your mum's past."

"But why would he do that? I mean, he came for the bank manager, not me."

"That is true... But it could have also been a cover."

"A cover?"

"Yes, most criminals often commit a bigger crime just to divert attention from the main reason they strike."

"But what about what they took from the Manager? That doesn't have anything to do with me".

He sighed and rubbed his face with his right hand.
"We try to look at every possibility when specific individuals; like those of your caliber are involved in such incidents. We really can't say anything now on the case but I assure you we will in a matter of days. Also, I'd appreciate it if you could call your dad in on this when you're done".

"My dad, why?"

"The Chief wants to talk to him. Something about safety, extra security......the likes."

I gave him the "You've got to be kidding me" look, rolled my eyes and groaned loudly, intentionally making my view of the suggestion known.
Extra security? I mean come on, I just escaped that two months ago.

"I think you're a fan of the suggestion." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Of course not! Urgggh... You have no idea what it feels like having someone who follows you around and wouldn't even have a decent conversation with you."

"Well I don't think conversationalist is part of their criteria."

"Then it should be." I shouted frustrated.

"Anyways, you need to have some extra protection for the meantime."

"Yeah, but not a literal human rock who's taken a freaking vow of silence and keeps tabs on me like I'm a toddler."

"So you wouldn't mind having an escort?"

"Guard, Escort, Entourage... I just want a sleek Will Smith Men-in-Black deal."

"Well, I do have a suggestion."

I gave him the 'Don't you dare make this harder for me' look.

"It's not a sleek Will Smith Men-in-black deal:Say..... A Knight in Uniform?"
Did the tables just turn 'cause I liked how this was going.

"A Knight in Uniform?" My ears were hearing possible good news.

He smirked, "I'll see what I can do with the Chief. Also, I'm gonna have to take your phone number"

"My phone number, why?"

"To keep you in touch with the case... And also just in case he tries to communicate with you."

"Wait, like call me with threats and stuff?"

"Yes, Geraldine."

I felt all colour drain from my face and come back again. I know I should be scared but I just couldn't hide the fact that I was exhilarated by the thought of receiving a call from an international criminal and this cutie in front kinda made it hard to feel bad right now.

"Okay, but my dad already has the Chief's number, I think"

"Alright. I just thought you would be a lot more comfortable talking to someone younger and having a first hand of details."

You aren't gonna give up huh? Wooing but still keeping it professional....Mama like.

"Okay, I think I'd like that."
He slid a piece of paper with his number on it. Smirking he winked at me, "I'll keep in touch".

I walked out the Office feeling happier than I had come. I got to say the best case-story ever and also got a number from a humma... Double Win.

I walked out to the lobby and was graced with the presence of my mum crying. The moment she saw me she wiped her tears and ran to me, squeezing me like a piece of paper.

"I'm so glad you're okay honey. What happened? What did that crazy man do to you? Did he hurt you? Did he say anything at all that be a danger to you? Did he....."

"Mum, mum please. I'm alright"
That was my mum. Caring and always worrying about me.

She looked at me confused, "Why are you smiling?"

"Well... 'Cause I'm fine and also got a Knight in Ironed Uniform."

"A Knight in Ironed...."
She looked at me and immediately burst out laughing.
"Here I am worrying about my daughter who was a victim to a bank robbery and she's busy gathering dates for the Red Carpet."

"Mum....." I whined, signalling her to keep her voice down.
She always had that ability to shift like a werewolf, but into a new emotion. She always knew which form to be in at all times. She was practically my better half.

She smiled at me, " Why don't you tell me everything that happened at home."

Finally... saved. But is it really over or is it just the beginning? Don't forget to vote and comment guys. Tell me what your hearts and heads are thinking *wink*