#Agent

It's really weird how some people behave; unsettling rather. I still had the day's event stuck in my brain and it was killing me. Don't blame me for not closing the matter; I got it from my dad: Always wanting to solve the mystery. My dad worked as a CIA agent for 15 years before he retired. Not retired-retired, he just stopped all the secret missions stuff and went into the tech department. He makes gadgets which the agents use; the best in the business. From there he set up a company which deals with security in general; From CCTV to Stunners, guns and all kinds of stuff. He's a master of ammunition. I actually wish a lot that he never left the field, but he always says he wanted to protect my mum and I, so I don't blame him; he's got a big heart.

I sat down with my laptop trying to get something on the strange number. My dad had taught me a lot about tracking and I was actually pretty good at it. The person had made his number private, making things a bit extra tricky for me, but I wasn't gonna give up that easily.
I was at it for about two hours before I came through. It was someone named 'Smoky Anders'; a weird name, but it sounded familiar. I shook it off. I had never heard of such a name. I was about to look up the person on the World Wide Web when my dad walked in. Slamming down my laptop, I turned to see him smiling behind me.

"Wow....you're really getting better."

"I get a lot of practice since you're always moving around like a creep."

"Creep? Ain't that a bit too harsh for your own dad?" he laughed and I laughed too.

We were like that, free and casual. But also never taking it too far to become an insult. Due to my dad's past life he had acquired that 'spy' trait and never let his guard down, which partly includes walking like a burglar around the house; suspecting everything and everyone; trusting no single soul; questioning actual valid facts and a whole lot of sometimes creepy, sometimes above normal, behaviors.

"I didn't really mean it. You'd never be a creep to me."

"I know that sweetheart." He hugged me and kissed my head, "But I know I can be sometimes."

I smiled childishly at him.
He had that look on his face whenever he has flashbacks. It was a serious expression filled with wonder and pride, but also a hint of sadness and...Regret? I wasn't sure. I will never get to understand that look on his face. He was a bit of an intense person and I hated to intrude his privacy.

We were like that for a couple more seconds when he adjusted and looked at me.
"So what was my princess doing before daddy came in?"

He reached for my laptop and I grabbed it immediately.

"It's nothing..."
I had to come up with something better.
"My plans for mom's birthday next month."

He looked at me quizzically with the 'are you kidding me?' look, but I held my ground as always.

"You know I know you're lying. I practically thought you how to cover your tracks. That's not gonna work with me."
He tapped my right shoulder and I looked wide-eyed. I had stressed my shoulders.

Dammit

He chuckled, "Yup, dammit indeed. Whenever you're ready to tell me what you're up to you know where to find me."

He lay down on my bed and shut his eyes. He was definitely indirectly telling me to spill the beans or else he'll do it himself. Sometimes I hate that I can't hide things from him, he's just too good. I've gotten away sometimes, but now that I think about it I think it's because he lets me.

I looked at him on the blue carnation themed bed and wondered how on earth mom met him. He can be so difficult and hard; and also smooth and soft.

"You can keep staring at me or be a good girl and come to Santa."

Oh well, it's not like I really had a choice. I would eventually tell him, if not intentionally, then accidentally. Better now than later; and maybe he could help with his Super amplified brain.

He patted the side of the bed while still lying down. I got up, laptop in hand, and walked towards him.

He sat up smiling, "That's a good girl."

He took the laptop from my hands, "Now, what is baby keeping from daddy?"

I opened it and the look on his face changed, he definitely knew who this person was.

Daddy knows who Smoky Anders is? Well this just got interesting😏. Don't forget to vote and comment💃.