5 min. ³

🐠

The first thing Jin did was exactly what he was told not to do.

Panic.

But then again, who wouldn't?

He didn't know where he was or where he was supposed to look.

Everything around him was dark, sparks of color flying past him at increased rates. He felt like he was falling and floating at the same time.

He started to hyperventilate.

"Seokjin? You need to slow your breathing."

The stripes of color started to slow and blur, soon, the streaks grew in width, and Jin noticed they were pictures.

"Where am I?"

"In Peter's memories. His apartment. Can you look for clues as to where the other bombs are planted?"

Jin swiveled his head from side to side. There was ground under his feet, and it was true, he was in an apartment, but he was still breathing heavily.

He felt dizzy and disoriented.

"I'm cold. I feel cold," he said through pants.

🔵

Namjoon looked to Hoseok, who was monitoring Jin.

Dr. Jung shook his head, "His body temp is normal. Steady."

Namjoon looked over at Seokjin in the fish tank, lightly thrashing around as he hyperventilated.

"You're not cold, you just need to slow your breathing down."

"He's going into shock," Taehyung supplied, furiously typing on his keyboard.

Namjoon looked over at a computer that monitored the brain activity between Jin's brain and Peter's.

He shook his head, as he watched the activity jump sporadically.

"That's it, I'm bouncing him," he said, ready to pull Jin back when Yoongi held out his hand.

"No. We need to know where those two bombs are."

Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, listening to how panicked Jin was. He turned to Yoongi, the man showing no other emotion but authority.

Namjoon shook his head, looking back at his monitors.

"This is why we wait for the psych eval," he muttered, fitting his hands back in the gloves.

"Yes, because that worked so well with our first pilot," Yoongi remarked, Namjoon tensing.

He huffed, before concentration on the task in front of him.

"Seokjin, slow your breathing down. If you can't, I'm going to have to bounce you."

Jin gasped for breath a few feet in front of him.

"I-i thought I had to do that," he said.

It sounded like he was trying to compose himself.

Namjoon's eyes flicked around at all the screens, monitoring the connection.

"I can do it for you the first two minutes, but then it's up to you."

"A-and if I can't?"

"I can still bounce you, but your consciousness won't like being yanked back into reality. It'll leave a mark," Namjoon's hands tightened into fists. "A bad one."