pilot ⁵

Jin groaned, rolling over on his side, as he tried to regain his bearings. His hands and knees stung a little from being blown back by the explosion and catching himself on the asphalt. No doubt, his sweater, and pants were ruined.

He looked up to see Justine's house on fire, most of the windows blown out, and the woman in front of him on the ground, groceries scattered about, a small cut on her cheek from the flying debris.

Turning behind him, he saw Namjoon trying to stand, brushing his hands off, as he made his way towards Jin. He reached down to help pull the man to his feet.

"You okay?" the scientist questioned, as Jin started to dust himself off.

"Yeah," he breathed out, watching as the woman in front surveyed the damage. "There wasn't anyone in there, right?"

Justine shook her head. "No, it's just me," she mumbled, still in slight shock.

"T-there was a guy," Jin said, trying to catch his breath, "At Jane's funeral. A short guy, brown hair, balding. Peter was shaking him around. We need a name."

"My house," she muttered, as somewhere in the distance, a neighbor was shouting about calling 911.

"Yeah, um just a word of advice. Next time you go stealing someone's research, just hope their boyfriend isn't a bomb-making genius," Namjoon remarked, hands on his hips.

Justine looked at the two of them. "What are you talking about?"

"You stole Jane Maverick's research and sold it, you killed her," Jin replied.

"That wasn't my fault!"

"Justine, we need a name," the man repeated, clearly not in the mood.

The woman stared them down as if waiting for them to explain themselves, but all they did was wait for her answer. She looked back at her house, as the smoke curled from within. She sighed, shutting her eyes.

"Sal. Salistar Castellano."

"Where can we find him?" Namjoon quipped.

"The science building at U.C Santa Monica," Justine replied as the two men looked at one another, before Namjoon rushed towards his vehicle. "Who are you people?!" she shouted out, as Jin reached for the car door.

"Friends of Jane," he retorted, before getting in.

-

U.C Santa Monica
Science Building

"So, Castellano puts Jane's research on Pica's radar, who sells it to Applied Holographics for a small fortune," Namjoon said as he and Jin sped into the science building.

"Pica gets rich, Castellano probably gets a hefty finder's fee and Jane...gets screwed," the older supplied, as the two surveyed the area.

There were tons of people minding their own business. Students going to classes, businessmen and women walking to meetings, professors and staff, even visitors milling around.

"And Peter gets revenge," Namjoon finishes, looking around for something. "We've got to clear the building. If a bomb goes off in here, it's going to be a disaster."

Jin watched, mildly surprised, as the blue haired man walked over to the fire alarm and yanked it down. The sudden shrilling sound and monotone voice repeating to calmly exit the building had everyone moving in a hurry.

"Huh. Check out the testicles on Namjoon," Jin remarked, arms crossed.

"Thank you!" Namjoon breathed out, choosing to ignore the slight sarcasm and take the half-compliment.