Did I just get a job?

• Dedicated to Niall Horan

"Hey kid!" Oh shit he's talking to me. He's walking closer. Why am I so scared of some guy. I should be allowed to stare at whoever I please. Quinn wasn't even paying attention she was now trading numbers with the security guard dressed in all black that she had just been fighting with. Looks like she's done with Aiden. The director guy was only a few feet away from me now, pushing through a pack of people waiting to cross the street after the commercial was filmed. "Hey were you listening to my phone call?" I didn't say anything. "So you know my dilemma." I looked him in the eyes and nodded. Dilemma? What dilemma? THe one where he has to find an Iris by sometime next week? How hard is it to find a fricken flower? "Hey missy. I'm not mad, just answer this question. Do you have any acting expierience?" I shook my head. "You know what, that's okay. Come here I want to show you a script. I turned to Quinn and tugged on her royal blue coat. She turned and I whispered to her what had just happened. She looked me straight in the eye and said "Walk away." I turned to look at the director guy again. He was sitting in his director chair with a binder on his lap. "No no Q girl, it's cool." Said the guy in all black. "He's my boss. He's looking for an actress, undiscoverd actress, to be in his friend's new movie. You should go talk with him. He;s desperate, so he's willing to pay big money." Quinn smiled at him. Oh god she was using her seductive powers right now. The security guard just smiled at her like some kind of dumb second grader. "Well?" Quinn said elbowing my rib cage. "Well what?" I said elbowing her back. "Get over there Scar, this could be your chance to be a big famous kid for a while." "Aren't you going to come with me? You are the closest thing I have to a guardian for the day." "I'll be over in a sec" she said without turning away from her new found boy buddie. 

I walked over to the guy. He pulled up a director's chair just like his. "Okay so I swear I'm not some creep trying to scam you or something. This is real. You would just have to do one audition which we can arrange for tomorrow." I read over the first page of the script. The movie was called Return Without Scars. The director guy was offering me the audition for the character named Iris, the main character by the way. "Oh and my name is Wally. Wally Quest. Here's my card. If you call it you will reach my assistant, Ashley, she's a bit on the brainless side so don't get annoyed with her." I giggled, this Wally guy seemed kind of nice.  "My building is right there," he pointed to the huge silver skycraper behind us, "You can come here for the audition tomorrow and bring this." Wally handed me a second card with all the directions to get through security and to the audiotion room. "And one last question. You really have no acting expierience what so ever?" "No I used to be in little school plays and in all of my church plays." "Okay good enough for me! I guess I'll see you tomorrow.Oh and you should bring a parent or guardian with you, I just want to completley proove this is 100% real." "Sound perfect. See you tomorrow Mr. Quest." "Please, call me Wally."

As I dragged Quinn away from the security guy, I glanced at Wally one last time. He had his ear pressed up to his phone again. The security guard Quinn had been flirting with came over and told all the impatient crossers that we could go now. Some commercial that was. Were they even filming one? I guess I was too busy with my little interview. I turned to look at Wally one more time. I could barley hear him anymore, but from across the street I heard him say into the phone with a huge smile on his face, "Frank, I think we found our Iris."