23: Ethanol And Serotonin

It was one in the  morning when the bar closed.  Love You Still should be the last song Aeiou would sing and he was given the rest of the night to enjoy, but the customers insisted he sing a few more, showering him with tips making Aeiou hesitant to refuse.

"Take care young man!"

Aeiou bowed to the owner.

The owner gifted Aeiou a smile, a smile of someone whose income hit ten times more than usual, before turning his back and walking inside happily.

Aeiou snickered loudly. He closed his  eyes and breathed the cold wind deeply, then he walked gingerly on the street as the strong winds blew his hair.

Aeiou was only expecting money from his talent fee but the customers were like money making machines earlier. "I should charge higher. That old man earned a lot from beers." Aeiou giggled. He winded up an alley when the small of sea waft past through his nose. When he turned his head to his left, he saw the beach. 

He was near the beach of Sta. Monica, the beach were boats usually ports and tourists go during summer. The sea was black and the sand was golden white, above it was a pearly white moon.

The sky was clear as the stars shine brightly. Aeiou couldn't help but stare, he was so happy being in the grind again. 

Aeiou was having a share of peace with nature but was stopped when he heard a disembodied voice.

"What should I do with him? He does not want to come back to the condo with me."

Aeiou turned his head back to the street, only to see Jake holding his phone while walking in circles twenty meters away from him. The guy was wearing a worried and disquieted expression while gazing at the beach. "He's drunk!"

Aeiou turned his eyes on the beach and trailed where Jake was looking, only to see a back of someone with wide shoulders and the whitest neck Aeiou have seen.

It was Zed. Aeiou smirked deviously, the view of this beach was picture-perfect that anyone would want to sit until sun rise, but a guy as repulsive as a poop was seating on the sand making Aeiou want to puke.

Aeiou continued to walk and strolled on the street. He passed through the other guy and did not say anything, then a voice sounded.

"Aeiou?" Aeiou was already 10 meters away from Jake when he heard that voice.

Aeiou turned his head to the back and stared at Jake blankly. "Hmm?"

The two stared at each other before Jake said, "You're Hansel's friend right? Can you help me? I'm scared, Zed told me he's going to drown me if I try to approach him." Jake spoke in an almost-crying tone.

"Don't you think I'm the last person who can help you?"

Jake scratched his head and seemed to realize what Aeiou meant.

Aeiou giggled, "Let him die." Aeiou was about to walk away but Jake caught up and held his arm.

Jake was smaller than Aeiou, but he was not as small as Hansel. Regardless, Aeiou still had to look down to look at him.

Jake spoke with conviction, "Punch or hit him in the head, just make him pass out! I'll just carry him to the condo! Please..."

Hearing the word 'hit him in the head'  Aeiou hastily nodded in agreement. "Oh yeah, I saw a dos por dos somewhere near this street, let me get if first."

Aeiou was about to walk towards the dump when Jake pulled him again. "Hey, I'm just joking. The two of you really want to kill each other, huh?"

Aeiou's expression went down. "How can you be friends with that guy?" Aeiou asked. He could never understand why everyone were friends and shielding this cold-blooded asshole.