68: As Long As This Body Is Mine

When night came, Philip walked to Aeiou's door and knocked once. "Aeiou, let's eat."

"I'm full."

Philip sighed. "Son, I know you are not okay. Just tell me what happened."

Aeiou didn't answer.

Philip knocked on Aeiou's door once again. "Aeiou."

Suddenly the door opened. Aeiou came out with an unreadable expression. "Zed fucked my girlfriend," he said with no emotion at all.

Philip's brows furrowed, "Watch your language! Huh?" He tilt his head to the right, not knowing whether he heard his son right or not, he asked, "What?"

"I said, Zed fucked my girlfriend."

Philip's brows furrowed even more, then after ten seconds his eyes widened, and his jaw dropped. He gasped, "Wha... What? Zed would never... He did that while you two are hanging out?"

Aeiou leaned on the doorframe and crossed his arms, he shook his head. "No. It happened during summer vacation. We don't know each other yet when it happened."

Philip covered his mouth. "Is... Is... Is... that why he didn't come tonight?"

With a sigh, Aeiou looked down. "Figured."

"How did it happen?"

Aeiou massaged his forehead, as if trying to remember what happened months ago. "One night, Nemer caught Tori entering a hotel with a stranger. He called me and told me about it. Of course I rushed out in the middle of the night and caught Tori naked on the bed but the stranger's gone. Then I found out today from Tori herself that it was actually Zed who fucked her."

Philip's groaned. "Oh. No." He massaged his forehead as well. "That's messed up. He knew Tori has a boyfriend?"

Aeiou looked up. He gulped and scratched his neck. "Uh... No."

"Oh... thank God."

Aeiou shot his father a disgusted look. "What do you mean thank God?"

Philip took a deep breath. "Well, that's messed up and I feel sorry for you. But Zed didn't know she has a boyfriend. He just got tricked like you. Additionally, you two don't know each other yet that time and you two are both looking for something."

Aeiou frowned. "Looking for something?"

"Well, when you were chasing girls I can see that you're unserious about it. You just go out and look for a girl to fill something missing — maybe because you lack maternal care hence you look for a girl to love you, and validate you, and then that became an addiction to you. And then Zed... I don't know. I feel like he's a rebel but he probably have reasons as well. I know it hurts, Aeiou. But you have to know whether this thing out weighs the friendship you two built. Are you ready to throw those all away just because of this truth that surfaced?"

Aeiou disgustingly looked at his father. "Why do you sound like I'm the one who should make an effort to win him back?"

"Then who will? After what happened I don't think Zed has the face to still face you. Or... Let me guess, he wanted to explain but you didn't listen to him."

"Tsk. He hurt my feelings."

Philip hastily slapped Aeiou's head.

"Aww! What's that for?!"

"Snap out of it, Aeiou! What's more important to you? Zed or your ego? You should just punch the girl."

Aeiou looked at his father.

"No, don't punch anyone."

Aeiou massaged his head. "I think I need to cool down first."

Hearing this, Philip inhaled deeply. "Okay. Sure. Take your time. But just so you know why I am being this pushy for the two of you to reconcile is because when he's not looking, I catch you staring at him. Lovingly. That time when he promised to take care of you, your eyes beamed for a brief moment. I saw how your eyes softened because of his words. That's the first time I saw you lile that. But you hid it quickly with a facade of disgust as if you wanted to say he's an eyesore to you. But I am your father, I raised you so I know your little tricks. You like him. And he feels that way too." Philip's shoulder went up an down as he catch for air after that long speech.