Dabi

It was hard making it big in the music industry, those were your plans in life, get big in the music industry and live a lavish life. Your quirk was bred from music and spring flings, a quirk called Rhythm.

You could see the pattern or rhythm of everything, and manipulate it to your will. Heart beats, sound, anything that had a steady beat. You could also recreate simple beats, a soft guitar rift, a chime, anything with a pattern. The louder it was though the more energy you had to put in. You had big dreams but here you sat on the corner of the curb in your work uniform trying to get people to drop tips into your hat.

You had just ended a harsh shift, 18 hours with minimal breaks at some stupid restaurant. You stood on a curb, you had let a metronome tick by, in a steady fast paced rhythm, you weren't feeling it, something slower would be better.

The base of the beat slowed, a soft tick in the air as you imagined a new song. You hummed out and used a hand to strum at the air, nothing was there until sound came, a smooth simple pattern of noise from an invisible guitar.

"Dun-du-dun- Dun-da-dun-"

You could see the soft neon glow on the guitar, it needed something else though.

You softly tapped your foot in a staggered rhythm, after every two guitar came one cymbal. A quick tap with not much reverb. It was beautiful, there was golden glitter reflecting the neon glow of the guitar and it was coming together.

You had gotten the attention of a few people now, the music coming from no where was impressive. It was late anyways, not too many people around to hear your after that hellish shift but if you could make a few extra dollars to buy food that would be great.

That's when it came, a soft shake in your hand, a gently ratting tambourine. It'd shake then jolt, a wonderful noise added to the others. A warm pink fell down in raindrops upon you, it felt so good.

You were getting into the zone when someone bumped into you, the music came to an abrupt pause while you tumbled to the floor and your cup of change scattered to the sidewalk.

You grabbed the heel of the mans shoe and tripped him, his hands were scary, a purple and pale patchwork of skin held together by rings of metal.

You felt the world stop as he looked back at you, his eyes were a fiery blue, they held so much inside of them, so much emotion, so many words left unspoken, so much hidden pain.

He was beauty, in an odd way he was so beautiful.

Your hands continued on the same beat, lyrics came to you suddenly, as if you felt his rhythm.

"....that's how it seems...."

He glared at you, sitting up and moving away.

"It seems like I care too much, you're all alone, oh no.."

He looked at you oddly and listened, your voice was nice, better than average with singing.

"It seems like I'm in your way.... that's how it seems..... you know what I mean?..."

He helped you up, not sure of himself at all but he helped you up off the floor and watched as your hands and feet each held their own rhythm, it matched his speeding heart beat.

"Hey... you don't belong out here.."

He softly held your forearm, his face was unreadable for the most part, but you saw pity, raw emotions, your lyrics seemed to cut deep.

Your heart had matched his beating, he picked up a bill from the floor and handed it to you.

"Let's... let's go get some dinner."

You didn't know how else to reply, maybe, I can't go on a date with someone I just met, there was always the option of yelling rape and running but he didn't seem to have the same intentions as other people.

"..yeah, sure.."

You tosses the change from the floor into your change purse and followed him.

He went down a few streets, turning down an alleyway or five. He made it to a bar, a quaint shop you'd miss completely, it was so discreet you were even confused on how to get back to a main road to get on the bus to get to a train to take you home. It's not like you had much going for you anyways.

He held the door to the bar open before looking around, he slid off his torn up jacket and slid it around your shoulders.

"Have a seat, this place isn't much but it's better than nothing.."

Inside the bar was dark, neon signs on the walls and a few secluded booths. The bartender was a man made of shadows, at least that's how he looked.

You sat down at the bar top with the scarred man, the bartender had made you something fruity and gave the scarred man a bottle of whiskey and a glass of ice.

"Here you are Dabi."

You looked at the drink, it was fruity and had a green tint to it.

"Dabi?"

The scarred man nodded to you with a smile as he sipped on his drink.

"Yes love?"

You scrunched your nose at the nickname, shaking your head.

"You come here often?"

You pushed the fruity drink away before grabbing Dabi's glass of cold whiskey and sipping on it.

"I'm guessing the boys you bring here can't take their liquor like I do."

He watched as you drunk from his glass, so you weren't a lightweight.

"You're absolutely right, but the boys I bring here aren't like you. I like your sound."

You laughed as he said that, the bartender setting a glass of ice cubes in front of you and pouring you a glass of whiskey.

You gave Dabi his glass back.

"You like me sound? That's a first."

He gave you a crooked smile, softly tapping his fingers on the countertop and grabbing his glass.

"Others don't?"