Chapter 13

The Forever River continued revealing the secrets of our pasts one by one.

"I will lead the way!" Jake exclaimed as the children played together. "He will be a good leader. What do you think Tink?" Peter smiled as he watched them play from a tree with Tinkerbelle. "I think I found a crew who'd take care of Neverland while we will be away" Peter exclaimed Tinkerbelle nodded in agreement.

That evening, Peter had planned something. "Jake, Izzy, Cubby! I need to talk to you guys. Would you come outside?" "Okay Peter" The lost boys' Cubby replied lazily. "Oh not you Cubby! I need our little Cubby."  Peter laughed. 

Outside their hideout, Jake, Izzy and Cubby queried him, "What is it Peter?" "Guys, I have to explore the lands beyond Neverland with Tink!" Peter explained. "W-will you leave us?" Cubby asked. "Haha! Never! I will be away only for a few years. But while I'll be away, I would need a clever, brave and true crew of pirates, like you!" Peter exclaimed. "Us?!" Jake, Izzy and Cubby were puzzled. "Yes! I'd need you to keep an eye on the Ol' codfish." Peter laughed. "B-but Peter, do you really think that we would be able to do this?" Izzy asked. "Of course you will! Just believe in yourself. Nothing's impossible. Oh, and I know a good place for you!"

The next morning, Peter led them to a small island near Neverland. "Why did you bring us here Peter?" Cubby asked as they landed. "Look there! I spent a lot of time in making this hideout!" Peter said. "A Hideout? Where?" Before they could figure out, Peter sprinkled some more pixie dust on them and took them inside. "Wow Peter! This is amazing!"

"Haha! Thanks! Oh wait, there's more." Peter now led them towards the slide which ends at Bucky's cave. He introduced them to Bucky, their living pirate ship. After he showed them all the places in the hideout, he said, "You guys will live here from today. I will go on my adventure day after."  "But Peter, what is the name of this island?" Cubby asked. "Hmm..." He thought for a moment, then said, "Pirate Island!" "Yo Ho, Pirate Island!" They chorused.

After they bid their goodbyes to the lost boys at Hangman's tree, Peter bought them back to the Pirate Island, where their new hideout was. After two days, he was assured that they'd be successful in protecting Neverland from Captain Hook and would be able to take care of themselves.

"I'm so proud of you mateys! Now, me and Tink must leave. The sun is about to set." Peter said while Tinkerbelle nodded. "We'll miss you Peter" Jake, Izzy and Cubby said together. "I'll miss you all too. Oh, but before I go, here's something for you" Peter took out something from his green bag, "Jake, this is for the bravest member of my pirate team, this is for you." He handed him a wooden sword. "It's not just an ordinary sword, I carved it from the forever tree. It will protect you at all times. I want YOU to be the leader Jake." Said Peter. "Thank you Peter!" Jake exclaimed.

"Izzy, I've got this for you" He handed her a small yellow pouch. "What's this Peter?" She asked. "It's pixie dust!" He replied. "Ah, yes, yes Tink, I didn't forget," Peter laughed as Tinkerbelle pulled his sleeve, "That's a gift for you from Tink and her friends! But remember, you can only use it for emergencies." "Aye Peter, only for emergencies. Thanks! And thank you Tinkerbelle!" Izzy took the pouch as Tinkerbelle gave her a flying kiss. 

"And here's a special map for Cubby! It has all directions and places in Neverland." Peter gave the map to Cubby. "Wow, coconuts! This map is amazing!" Cubby exclaimed. "Ha! I knew you'd definitely like it! You have the best map-reading skills among all of us, Cubby. You will be the navigator of our team. You all will never get lost 'til you have the best map in the hands of the best navigator!" Peter said. "Thanks Peter!" Cubby said as he rolled his map.

"Okay mateys, we gotta leave now, and just remember, whenever you'll need me, I will be there for you! Also, a Neverland pirate never says never!" Peter laughed. "Thanks a lot Peter" They all hugged Peter and off he flew towards the setting sun.

Author's note: Peter gave Jake, Izzy and Cubby a big responsibility! After all, Izzy is the daughter of legendary Captain Green, Cubby has the best navigating skills being the son of a cartographer, and even Jake got his pirate training from none other than Captain Hook :p They are clever, brave, kind and true pirates!

In the next chapter I shall unfold Scully's past and answer to why they all don't remember anything, even though they were of the same age when they came to Neverland. I will upload the next chapter soon! :)