Chapter 2

It was in the middle of the night, Tobey and the others had gathered in the workshop, Kion and Fuli however took in on a hotel due to them both being tired after driving across whole US.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Pete." Tobey joked.

"Eh, I had him in the turns." Pete laughed and took a sip from his beer.

"Benny, where were you this whole time?" Finn asked.

"I was out flying, keeping an eye on the race." Benny defended himself.

"Flying? I didn't see him flying, did anyone else see him flying?" Joe laughed.

"Maybe we should ask the shopping cart guy if he saw him flying." Tobey said.

"Oh, shots fired, boom boom, so I'm supposed to watch out for traffic, cops AND homeless people coming out of the shadows? I'm sorry, I didn't get that memo." Benny laughed.

Suddenly they got quiet, a white Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren pulled up outside the workshop, Dino stepped out of it, there was an awkward silence when he entered the workshop.

"Nice driving... I'm impressed." He said.

"Tobey Marshall, the man to be the star of Mount Kisco." He continued when no one said anything.

"I'm sorry about your old man, I know you were close." He said.

"You lost, Dino?" Tobey asked.

"What?" Dino gave him a confusing gaze.

"Nah, I haven't seen you around for a long time, I figured, you must be lost." Tobey explained.

"So it's nothing changed, after 10 years you just want to pick up some locker room fight." Dino rolled his eyes.

"What do you want?" Tobey asked, changing topic.

"I want to see you build a real car." Dino responded.

"I got plenty of cars to build, Dino." Tobey responded.

"Yeah... And how is that going for you..."

Tobey looked at the others, then he made his way towards him.

"I didn't come to insult you, I have a business propersition, it could be a game changer for you."

"You're handing out dreams now, Dino?" Pete joked.

"I've seen a hundred custom racingshops since I left town, and I still haven't seen work as good as yours." Dino ignored Pete.

"That's these guys work, not mine." Tobey said and pointed to his friends. But Dino didn't even seem to care.

"I have a really special car that needs to be finished." He said bluntly.

"What kind of car are we talking about?" Joe asked.

"Ford Mustang."

"A Mustang?" Joe didn't sound so impressed.

"Ooooohhhhh." Finn joked in a sarcastic way.

"It's the one Ford and Carroll Shelby were building when Shelby died." Dino said, now he knew he got their attention.

"How did you get it?" Pete asked.

"My uncle and Mr. Shelby, they were close." Dino said.

They all looked hesitant.

"That car is worth 2 million dollar, minimum, if you're finishing my Mustang like you built that Torino, I can give you a quarter of the total worth, that's 500 000 in your pocket." When Tobey still looked hesitant Dino walked up to him.

"Forget about the past, Tobey, it's history, I'm here to make peace... And money." Dino said, then he started to walk to his car.

"Don't answer me now, just think about it."

"I don't need to think about it." Tobey said.

"I'll do it."

"I'll get the car here tomorrow." Dino said, then he got into the white supercar and drove away.

Benny watched as he left, then he turned to Tobey.

"Ok, I just wanna be the first here to take the floor and ask you; HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?! You're gonna have us work for Dino Brewster? Word? And look, if this is about Anita, trying to get her back or something, do it another way, homie, write a poem or something, here, I'll help you, 'Dear Anita, nothing is sweeter than Anita, a real Anita, Anita.' See, I just came up with that just now, JUST now." Benny was upset.

"Ey, Tobey, forget about that fool, we're doing fine without him." Finn said.

"We're not." Tobey said.

"Hey, we're not doing fine." He continued.

"What do you mean?" Finn asked.

"Ehm... Look... I'm behind on the loans, that guy from earlier, yeah, that guy is from the bank, and he's just gonna keep coming back."

"Wait, we made 5 grand tonight." Finn said.

"It's gotta be enough to make the payment."
Joe filled in.

"What about next month?" Tobey asked.

"We'll figure something out, we always do." Joe tried.

"This time it's different." Tobey felt how his throat began to thick, he didn't want to lose his workshop, it was a memorial of his dad.

"If you guys don't show up to work on that car tomorrow... We're gonna lose this place." Tobey said, then he left the workshop.

"Hey, c'mon guys, this is Carroll Shelby, it's an opportunity of a lifetime." Pete said.

"We're doing this, ok? For Tobey, 10 am tomorrow, don't be late." Joe said, with that, they all left the workshop.