Chapter 3

Annabelle's POV:

It had been a long journey. A hard, long journey. Veronica had been the only one to know what had happened to me. The only one to see what I had gone through.

"It's okay." Harry looked into my eyes and took a deep breath. "This isn't the place for this. There is something I have to give you. Would you be able to meet me for coffee tomorrow morning?"

I was only in Miami for three days, but I had two left.

"Of course." I smiled, and he kissed my forehead and wiped away my tears. "Everything is going to be okay Annabelle. I promise."

Harry and the boys had to leave after Liam had met Veronica. Things didn't work out for Liam and his last girlfriend, and I thought Veronica would be a nice fit into his life at the present moment. After that girl ran on stage, security was a little scared of all the Directioners. Harry promised we would meet. I hugged him goodbye, and waved at the rest of the boys.

Veronica had a breakfast date with Liam the next morning, and I met Harry at Starbucks. He had arrived before me and had grabbed a two person booth in the back corner of the coffee shop. He was playing with his thumbs on top of the table, which meant he was nervous. As I walked up towards him, I felt his green eyes stare right through me. He had been crying. I immediately thought it was about Caroline, his lady of interest, and I prepared myself to hear the disheartening news that he never wanted to see me again.

Harry's POV:

I had been up all night, trying to understand why she would hurt herself. My eyes were swollen from crying. I didn't even know her that well, all I knew was she was too beautiful for that kind of thing. When I looked up at her walking toward the table, she looked...stunning. A forest green dress paired with a cream cardigan, and beige colored sandals. The same ones my sister had. Annabelle had long, honey brown colored hair. She had pulled back the hair that fell in her face with a clip. One thing was missing... Her smile. She looked "spooked" to say the least.

"Hey beautiful." I said to her. She had reached my table and took a seat.

"Hi Harry." She said in a very monotone and worried manner.

"I know what you're thinking. And no, it wasn't Caroline. She hasn't spoken to me in months. These swollen eyes, were for you..."

I rumbled the last few words together. And that's when I noticed. Her wrist was empty. There was no butterfly.

"Annabelle...please tell me you didn't."

She quickly tugged at her sleeve, trying to pull it down over her hand.

Tears started to form, rolling down my cheeks. In my palm, I held a bracelet. My bracelet. I took her arm, and put the bracelet on her left wrist. Right where the butterfly had once been.

Annabelle's POV:

I knew I shouldn't have. Because for two days being around Harry, those were going to be the best days of my life.

But worries had taken over my brain, making me lose sight of what I knew and what I believed. I closed my eyes to try to reassemble myself.

Harry put something on my wrist. His bracelet. I opened my eyes... It was his "Believe in Magic" bracelet.

"Harry, I can't take this from you. It's yours, I can't." I shook my head back and forth.

"Annabelle, listen. You need this. For those moments where I'm not with you and when I can't be with you. Whenever you want to cut, think of me. Think of how much I need you. I can't let you keep doing this."

"Harry..." I tried to control myself. I tried to steady myself and choose the correct words for my next statement. But, he cut me off.

"Or else, I will start to cut too." Harry announced.

The thought of Harry cutting made me fall apart inside. It made my want to crawl on top of this table that separated us and hold his face in my hands and tell him no. The thought of it all being my fault. Just as everything else in my life was. I needed to stop him.

"No Harry, this is me. This is for all the things I do wrong, I can't keep the worries out of my head. The worries of you. The worries of the band. The worries of never being good enough for you. Because all I am is an awkward, annoying fifteen year old girl who has nothing in her life GOING for her."

Harry got up, he grabbed my hand and we walked out of Starbucks. We walked a few blocks, hand-in-hand, but in complete silence. I had no idea where he would take me. And I had no idea, what he planned to say after confession.