Chapter 4

"Eden" a familiar voice calls, his voice pulls me back to reality. I wipe my eyes roughly and look up to see the boy who I thought loved me running in my direction. I don't move, I remain knelt on the floor. Every breath feels fresher on earth, the smells overload my senses but I don't have time to let them engulf me instead I am forced to face the man that's broke my heart. 

"Eden, are you okay?" he mutters, dropping to his knees in front of me as his hands move to caress my cheeks. I pull away, stumbling to my feet, needing to put space between us. "Eden" he sighs, his eyes pleading with mine for forgiveness. He pulls himself to his feet as well, giving him the option to move towards me.

"Tell me it's not true" I snap, my patience dissipating at an extraordinary rate. 

"What did they tell you?" he questions, clearly unsure how much I know. This only pisses me off more.

"You stole the radio, you left me and Raven unconscious, you are the reason Wells is dead, you shot the chancellor, but I'm sure there is a lot more that they haven't mentioned" I scream, the anger rolling off of me in waves. 

"I didn't know it was you in the pod" he explains, his hand trying to caress my arm before I rip it out of his grip. 

"That shouldn't matter, you knew it was someone from the Ark and left them. Are you not even going to bother denying the rest?" I ask, the emotions draining from my face as I wait for a response. 

"I did it for Octavia, I did everything for Octavia you have to believe me" he begs, dropping to his knees in front of me before wrapping his arms around my thighs. "Please Eden you have to forgive me" he pleads as his head rests on my stomach. 

"You always use Octavia as an excuse, I know she is your sister, your responsibility but you said you loved me and have repeatedly done things that you know would hurt me" I sigh, resting my hands on his hair as I continue to cry. 

"I know baby, I know but I didn't mean to hurt you. If the Ark comes down here they will kill me for killing the chancellor" he tries to explain.

"You didn't kill the chancellor and if they don't come down here 320 people will be sacrificed, my mother will be among them" I inform him.

"What? why would she be among them? she is a doctor" he looks up at me, confusion thick in his warm brown eyes. 

"She is volunteering" I snap as the pain of my words stings my chest. 

"I'm so sorry baby, I didn't know" he whispers.

"Exactly, you didn't know but you knew I was up there with my mother and you knew that without her Octavia wouldn't even be alive"

"Eden, I didn't think" he admits. 

"Clearly, now get up and help everyone look for that fucking radio. I won't loose my mother because of you" I snap, quickly moving towards Raven. 

"Eden why didn't you tell me about your mum?" she asks pulling me into a tight hug as everyone begins looking in the river for the radio. 

"I didn't get a chance we were in such a rush to get down here" I whisper as she holds me. 

"We will get a message to the Ark, it'll be okay" she mutters, her hand stroking my hair as I cry into her shoulder. 

"I found it" someone screams, throwing their arm into the air as they hold the radio. Everyone makes their way over to him, Raven takes the radio from him. She examines the object before sighing "It's destroyed" she screams running out of the water and straight for Bellamy. "Happy now" Raven bellows in his face, the anger lingering on every word. 

"I helped" he yells back but his eyes land on me as if trying to impress me. 

"Only because Eden made you" Finn spat, making it clear to everyone that Bellamy only seemed to be interested in helping if I am involved. All eyes turn to look at me, making my skin burn as the eyes bore into my soul. 

"Hold up. We don't have to talk to the Ark we just have to let them know we're down here right?" Raven questions, the cogs behind her eyes moving at full speed. 

"Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?" Finn asks as if Raven hadn't already thought of that. 

"Flares" she squealed like a child on their birthday, an event I'm sure was more exciting on earth where you could actually get someone new; not that my parents didn't make every single birthday special for me.

She began dishing out instructions quickly, commanding the movement of parts back to camp. "We need to launch those flares asap if we have any hope of saving those people" she informed the children, in hopes of motivating them. I begin carrying things back to camp following a bunch of children, hiding behind them when Bellamy's eyes glanced back. When we finally made it to the camp it didn't take Raven long to assemble the flares. Once finished we all stood around to watch the flares launch, the pink light glowed as it travelled through the sky. 

"You think they can see it from up there?" Bellamy questions, his body stood between me and Clarke but his eyes glued to me as I watch the sky. 

"I don't know, I hope so" Clarke bluntly replies with a small amount of hope present in her voice. 

"Hey Eden, long time no see" Jasper calls as he walks towards me, he gently pulls me into an awkward but sweet hug. I can't help but notice the slight change in Bellamy's breathing from beside me. "Monty has some moonshine we are going to drink by the fire if you want to join" he chimed, Jasper was in a class with me on the Ark before he got arrested. He was always making me laugh, providing a welcome distraction which I longed for now. 

"Yeah I would love to" I quickly respond, giving him the biggest smile I can muster in the moment. He smiles back at me, his smile reaching his big brown eyes in an adorable way. We slowly walk towards the fire taking a seat on the log as Monty hands me the flask of Moonshine. I down some of the liquid, the burning sensation a welcome escape as I continue to swallow the liquid.